1% tip, on expensive lunch. **and my rant on pay, gratuity, and salary jobs**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jericho

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have waited tables for a long time you should be careful how you tip, it is there lively hood. Most servers (all in Oklahoma just about) get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not too mention the most of the time have to tip out from 10% to 30% of there tips to bartenders, bussers, hostesses ,and or including back waiters. So for all of you can't do math or are so proud of going out to eat under 20 bucks tip included should think of the golden rule. Then on top of that when they pay there taxes get penalized if they don't pay quarterly for unpaid taxes(all cash income).

Don't even get me started on Sunday after church people, as a fellow christian , I Christ has plead with the father not to blot out your name , every time you leave your self justified offering to that 501c3 corporation a.k.a.(Church) nothing against church but Christ said You can't serve both God and mammon (money system today IRS tax exempt status). Then after you have been God awfully rude , not to mention never prayed over your meal. Leave a crap tip with a fake 100 dollar bill Christ testimony, whoever invented those never worked in a restaurant, and or was implying that makes up for a tip. If you want to be Christlike feed a couple thousand people or leave a gold coin so they can pay there taxes.

Please don't give verbal tips , like you were the best server we ever had it meanwhile you left ten percent. Do you think that works for us, like if I was to call the electric company and say the power is working great and I am only going to pay half my bill this month . How would that work out?

Well that's most of my frustration, as for all you 20 plus percentage tippers out there who pick up the slack for your "marked" comrades thanks please come again and request me!!!

Just a word for the wise , I have worked in many of the restaurants around town in my day and oklahoma is not that big after a while you start to remember peoples faces. Not to mention if you tip crappy better do it in cash not with a credit card slip with your name on it , oh the power of tracking technology ... Just hope your not on any of those crazy waiters lists . Believe me I have worked with a few, and one nite after one too many bad tippers they just snap and start returning your tip in many creative ways . Although this is all speculation I have never engaged in this activity I have heard a many of times plus what they do your food but you already knew that.
God Bless

Isha's Pa Pa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I barback for extra cash on the weekends at a pretty large country bar and I get 20% off the top from my bartenders. Usually pull in $140-200 for 9 hours of "work". Tipping at bars is different than tipping at a restaraunt. For example, you don't have to tip your bartender, but it could mean the difference between waiting 5-10 minutes for a drink(if it's busy) or waiting 30 seconds. When I am bartending, if I see someone come up to the bar and I know that they've already been tipping me a couple dollars every time the last 5 times they've come to me, then they are getting their new drink as soon as the empty glass touches my bar. If someone comes up and they've been using cash and they haven't tipped crap, but they've been ordering 4 different drinks and 6 different shots everytime, they can wait while I serve the people that paid for their service. But again, bar tipping is different than restaraunt tipping.

I'm just curious as to why if you get 20% off the top why you are making the guy that buys 6 shots at
a time wait and no tip or the guy who is only buying 1 drink at a time with a tip it would seem that you
would make more money off of the guy buying more drinks at a time ! I was just wondering thanks !

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have waited tables for a long time you should be careful how you tip, it is there lively hood. Most servers (all in Oklahoma just about) get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13,get paid only 2.13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not too mention the most of the time have to tip out from 10% to 30% of there tips to bartenders, bussers, hostesses ,and or including back waiters. So for all of you can't do math or are so proud of going out to eat under 20 bucks tip included should think of the golden rule. Then on top of that when they pay there taxes get penalized if they don't pay quarterly for unpaid taxes(all cash income).

Don't even get me started on Sunday after church people, as a fellow christian , I Christ has plead with the father not to blot out your name , every time you leave your self justified offering to that 501c3 corporation a.k.a.(Church) nothing against church but Christ said You can't serve both God and mammon (money system today IRS tax exempt status). Then after you have been God awfully rude , not to mention never prayed over your meal. Leave a crap tip with a fake 100 dollar bill Christ testimony, whoever invented those never worked in a restaurant, and or was implying that makes up for a tip. If you want to be Christlike feed a couple thousand people or leave a gold coin so they can pay there taxes.

Please don't give verbal tips , like you were the best server we ever had it meanwhile you left ten percent. Do you think that works for us, like if I was to call the electric company and say the power is working great and I am only going to pay half my bill this month . How would that work out?

Well that's most of my frustration, as for all you 20 plus percentage tippers out there who pick up the slack for your "marked" comrades thanks please come again and request me!!!

Just a word for the wise , I have worked in many of the restaurants around town in my day and oklahoma is not that big after a while you start to remember peoples faces. Not to mention if you tip crappy better do it in cash not with a credit card slip with your name on it , oh the power of tracking technology ... Just hope your not on any of those crazy waiters lists . Believe me I have worked with a few, and one nite after one too many bad tippers they just snap and start returning your tip in many creative ways . Although this is all speculation I have never engaged in this activity I have heard a many of times plus what they do your food but you already knew that.
God Bless

That was hard to read....

I would suggest you get out of the Food biz if you don't like $2.13 an hour. Sounds harsh but seriously, most of the folks in the biz are there because of the tips. On average you get a better wage than working retail. But many find that even though the wage was good for a 19 year old with nothing else to do, pretty soon you are 30 and it's hard to support a family...

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But many find that even though the wage was good for a 19 year old with nothing else to do, pretty soon you are 30 and it's hard to support a family...

It's not any harder than it is for Teachers or LEOs in Oklahoma.

Those that complain about 2.13 an hour know better......granted a little raise is in order IMO to help with taxes...... but you guys know that you make good money. If you don't, you need to go to another restaurant or consider what you are doing wrong.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reading about waitstaff bitching about what they get paid makes me want to tip less.

Where are the threads about my job or your job "assuming you are not waitstaff" bitching that we don't get paid enough, and customers of the company's we work for should fork over some cash to us?

You don't like where you work, the amount you get paid, the hours you work, do something about it.

Bitching is not doing something about it, IMHO.

Just my .02

Technically I don't fit into the 1%, but I refuse to be called part of the 99%. Maybe I should start tipping 1%?

Latest posts

Top Bottom