1% tip, on expensive lunch. **and my rant on pay, gratuity, and salary jobs**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Still way too long to read...whats going on?

basically OP posted a hoax about a "tip" being written as "get a real job" which then started the rest of the conversations, in a nutshell
1. there are so many jobs that no one should work in food service and if they are it is "their fault"
2. tipping is stupid and if people don't like working for 2.13, then quit
3. People that go to church are all stingy people that don't tip
4. pretty that work in food service are lazy and unmotivated
5. any other stereotype or complete lack of compassion statements you can think of..

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My family has a young lady friend that waits tables at a local little steak house. I once told her about a job opening where I work (OGE) and she very politely told me she and her husband had just built a new home and she just couldn't afford the pay cut...BTW..she was being paid 2.50 per hour...When I questioned her about her statement she then told me what her tips were for the past week: 1500 dollars and some change.Not one doubt in my mind that she was telling the truth...I certainly know what we tip her and she has lots of customers..One more point: she knows most of her customers birthdays, wedding anniversaries as well as other special days in their lives. She knows all this thru normal conversations and always sends cards. Kind of makes you feel special and gives you the desire to tip her very well.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to the range today and busted some caps while y'all were wasting time layin' them on the table to see who had the biggest percentage.

I went to the range AGAIN today and busted some MORE caps while y'all were STILL wasting time layin' them on the table to see who had the biggest percentage.

Ps. The receipt was a hoax :)

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I went to the range AGAIN today and busted some MORE caps while y'all were STILL wasting time layin' them on the table to see who had the biggest percentage.

Ps. The receipt was a hoax :)

When are we going to hangout at the range again doug?

Ps. My friend loves his gift, your bullet pins are awesome. Gonna have to get another one sometime.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So do I JB, also the receipt may have been a hoax but at least the discussion we've had has helped us better understand how we all feel about other people.
You know, I agree with that wholeheartedly.

I've learned a few things from this thread.

The most important thing is, from now on I'm going to personally hand my tip to the waiter instead of leaving it on the table.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When are we going to hangout at the range again doug?

Ps. My friend loves his gift, your bullet pins are awesome. Gonna have to get another one sometime.

There is no bad time to hangout at the range! :)

Thanks! I'm going to work on your keyrings this weekend too so hopefully will have them ready Monday or so.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I agree with that wholeheartedly.

I've learned a few things from this thread.

The most important thing is, from now on I'm going to personally hand my tip to the waiter instead of leaving it on the table.

Ya, I got that one too. I've done it before, but I think I'll be doing it every time now.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
basically OP posted a hoax about a "tip" being written as "get a real job" which then started the rest of the conversations, in a nutshell
1. there are so many jobs that no one should work in food service and if they are it is "their fault"
2. tipping is stupid and if people don't like working for 2.13, then quit
3. People that go to church are all stingy people that don't tip
4. pretty that work in food service are lazy and unmotivated
5. any other stereotype or complete lack of compassion statements you can think of..
Thanks for the update...long thread for a hoax..people shold stop being..haters
I always tip 20%..if I get bad service ,I tell then.
If I get good service, I tell them,and I tell my friends

Latest posts

Top Bottom