22mag vs 22lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgcustom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have some in both calibers. 22lr is great for plinking and small game hunting. 22mag is great for long distance small game hunting and varmint hunting.. good for coyotes out to a 100yards...

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If your still serious about the .22mag, go do a search on GunBroker for SW 650(3" fixed sight J-frame), SW 651(2", 4", 6"[RARE] all with adjustable sights) both are stainless steel 6 shot revolvers. There were a few Talo specials where they had extra cylinder and yoke in .22lr. That 650 or 651 in the shorter barrels are flame throwers!! Next search for AMT AutoMag II. Semiauto in 3", 4", 6" barrel lengths. Since there is no cylinder gap its flash looks more like a small nuke going off, and if your on an indoor range, you'll have everyones attention after the first explosion!!!!! Then there is the older Grendel which is the daddy of the newer Keltec .22Mag. pistol. Now that new Keltec looks like the perfect fit in a kit bag along with several spare mags already loaded up since I think they hold either 15 or 20 rounds each, plus some boxed ammo stashed away.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a really useful place for .22 mag is NAA mini pistols ... at 1100 fps or so
that tiny package puts out some serious power

there are times where no other pistol conceals as well

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Those are for gut shooting at contact distance so you can cauterize the wound channel!!!!!!

Model 70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
_CY_ said:

+1
I have this one as well. More concealable than anything else. Cost for the mag ammo is not that big a deal, I usually use the LR cylinder for practice and put the Mag cylinder back in for carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Latest posts

Top Bottom