This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted “yes” from the angle of individual freedoms. I don’t intend to partake, however.

I do have a question - What happens when a medical marijuana user answers “yes” to question 11.e on the ATF Form 4473? I think they will be denied the firearm transfer. If they answer “no” then they are committing a crime.

That’s the way I understand it as well. If you admit/acknowledge that you are a user, it is illegal to purchase/posess a firearm. I also believe the law is such that if you are issued a medical marijuana card, even if you have never used it, your firearm purchase can be blocked.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s the way I understand it as well. If you admit/acknowledge that you are a user, it is illegal to purchase/posess a firearm. I also believe the law is such that if you are issued a medical marijuana card, even if you have never used it, your firearm purchase can be blocked.
Yup. Use of any kind, even medicinal, is disqualfying. 18 U.S.C. 922 (g) (3):

(g) It shall be unlawful for any person
(3)
who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));
to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce, or possess in or affecting commerce, any firearm or ammunition; or to receive any firearm or ammunition which has been shipped or transported in interstate or foreign commerce.​

Having the card will undoubtedly be considered prima facie evidence of use (not an entirely unreasonable assumption, really).

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After all the threads and hijacked threads that kept 788 on the minds of all of us, when we get back to Oklahoma in a couple of weeks, I'm not sure I want to attend an eat and shoot. I happen to know that there are a number of OSA members that are probably old enough that they might feel they need medical MJ.

:blush: :bolt:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After all the threads and hijacked threads that kept 788 on the minds of all of us, when we get back to Oklahoma in a couple of weeks, I'm not sure I want to attend an eat and shoot. I happen to know that there are a number of OSA members that are probably old enough that they might feel they need medical MJ.

:blush: :bolt:
Its safer than your ibuprofen and probably the icy hot too.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But ma feedom!!
Poppy/opium and mushrooms/psilocybin? should be legal too.
They're just plants right
Remember, MA FREEDOM!!

Love freedom?
Let's just go ahead and legalize meth.
Why not? It's just mind altering.

It's all good, brotherly love,

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Poppy/opium and mushrooms/psilocybin? should be legal too.
They're just plants right

Yeah, we should legalize them too.

Let's just go ahead and legalize meth.

It is legal. More legal and accessible since it's a Schedule II. So it's available to be prescribed whereas cannabis and the others you named are schedule I.

Latest posts

Top Bottom