After lunch date

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Day after date flowers?

• Sure, why not.

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • No way, too soon.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Don't be creepy.

Votes: 30 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with being honest and nice. Do the flowers an card!!

This can't be said enough.

I don't fit either of RH's categories. I'm 28 and have been married for almost 5 years now. I do know I didn't send her flowers for at least a long time.

Everything depends on you and her. How did you meet? Did you talk a lot before the lunch date? If so, flowers may be appropriate already. If it was a blind date on the other hand, and you send flowers now, she *could* freak out. I can't tell you, and neither can any of the other guys on this forum, most likely.

If you think it's worth asking us about sending flowers, it probably is worth sending them. Just my gut instinct. But, I told my parents I thought I'd met "the one" two weeks after meeting my wife-to-be for the first time, ever. What are your common interests? What did you talk about? If your first date was lunch at a casual restaurant that had flowers in the decorations, then you may be on the right track. On the other hand, if your first "date" -er, first conversation- was like mine, in the living room of your church's college ministers house, talking about the Bible, cars, guns, school, kids and whatever else until 1am, then maybe not! Ha! Like I said, we don't know your situation well enough.

If you think you know her well enough that flowers would be well received, and you want to send them; do it. And tell her so. They like that.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Totally disagree with this, even if it's true. If that's the type of woman he's going after, it's just the start of a bad trip.

Forego the mindgames. Play it honest, be deliberate and clear. Set the precedent up front. If she responds poorly to it, then that's enough of an answer in itself.

Agree to disagree... There is nothing dishonest or mind games about it. I mean hell, they already had the first date. I'm just saying don't throw yourself out there and let what happens happen. It has nothing to do with the type of girl you are going after. My wife is my best friend, and is definitely out of my league.

I think ridgehunter has a great point but a little extreme :). there is a lot to generational differences in dating. That being said chivalry is NOT dead.... Opening doors, complements, ect always go a long way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom