After lunch date

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Day after date flowers?

• Sure, why not.

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • No way, too soon.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Don't be creepy.

Votes: 30 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no flowers, it was a lunch date. Call tomo, mid afternoon and say hey had a good time, maybe we can get together next week and do it again. Just leave it at that. Then call Tuesday and set up another brief lunch encounter. Anymore and your a freak that needs way too much attention, or vice versa. Sounds like your already a little lonely and wagging your tail!

What is that code for, exactly? :P

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dude, you're 32 and I would assume she is around the same age. Girls love flowers from guys they know, not after a first date, you aren't 52. Flowers are a bit outdated, that was their generation (and no there's nothing wrong with being that generation). Play it straight, shoot her a txt letting her know you'd like to go out again and she should call/txt you, put the ball in her court. Then you will really know if she's interested.

play to your skill instead of trying to play to what you think she will like. I'm sure she'll love flowers after you've been dating for a awhile.

AMEN. Thats what I was saying just couldn't find words... + to add to montesa, Chicks can since the desperation, and of course its hard to hide a hard-on when you are wearing wranglers.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After the first date I would say a text message saying "Had a great time yesterday, hope you did too. We should do dinner sometime" would be very well recieved. A text si no big deal, flowers may be too much too soon. How old are you and how old was the woman? Since you said "Chick" I'll assume you're young and hip. Send flowers next time. First date and flowers could be too much, but its a judgement call based on you and her and the time you had.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and dont say lets do it again sometime. Lunch is for friends, escalate that ish to dinner!

JMS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay. Do you know where she lives? If so, just wait until she goes to work and put the flowers in her kitchen. It might require bending the law and using that lock pick set you ordered off the internet. But hey, ladies love initiative and knowing that you'll break a law or two for her. Just think how happy she'll be when she gets home and sees that the guy she's been thinking about all day likes her so much that he'd go through all that effort just to let her know that he knows where she lives and is capable of getting into her house anytime he wants. Just think of the comfort that'll give her knowing you can be there to protect her and heck could be watching her now.

But seriously, I'd say only in 5% of first dates would sending flowers the next day be appropriate. You have to ask yourself, do you think you fall in that 5%? Because if not, you could really creep her out with a move like that.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno about the post count but I was mostly single until I hit 30..... WAY TOO SOON IMO. Women hate needy and clingy men from my experience. Yes it's nice to send flowers after the first date, it's the logical thing to do IMO.... but a LOT and a LOT of women will see it as too much too soon. I don't make the rules, I just learned to play by them. :D

Take your time, and let things develop. JMO.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, background: We've been talking for a while so it's not like it was a blind date or anything. She had dropped a hint in the last week or so that she likes flowers, so I did go ahead send her flowers, nothing fancy just a basic bouquet and a card. She loved it.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, background: We've been talking for a while so it's not like it was a blind date or anything. She had dropped a hint in the last week or so that she likes flowers, so I did go ahead send her flowers, nothing fancy just a basic bouquet and a card. She loved it.
Did she love it like "come over and see me" or "stay away from me you creep?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom