Airport Pat-Downs: TSA Says it Can Fine You for Backing Out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being frisked is really not that big of a deal, my biggest ***** is that they aren't frisking every muslim or every person with a muslim sounding name, or every person traveling to or from a country that is known to support terrorist.

Let's say you have a guy named barrack hussein obama traveling from Pakistan, why shouldn't he be frisked and his luggage be searched?

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being frisked is really not that big of a deal, my biggest ***** is that they aren't frisking every muslim or every person with a muslim sounding name, or every person traveling to or from a country that is known to support terrorist.

Let's say you have a guy named barrack hussein obama traveling from Pakistan, why shouldn't he be frisked and his luggage be searched?

I don't disagree but the current "PC Police" would not allow this to happen...

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
But you know what, that is okay. People, get over it. I would rather they do that than let some guy get by with something that would put me in danger. I felt a little odd walking around the Republic of kalifornia unarmed. But just think those poor people walk around every day like that. If it was not for the added security I guess we could not call it terror. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

You're ok with being violated for safetys sake, I suppose you are also ok with them not violating everyone for safetys sake. You must go to Vegas a lot, because it sounds like you enjoy playing the odds.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're ok with being violated for safetys sake, I suppose you are also ok with them not violating everyone for safetys sake. You must go to Vegas a lot, because it sounds like you enjoy playing the odds.

It's not like its a big secret that you risk being patted down if you fly. If you aren't comfortable with being frisked, don't fly. It really is that simple.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not like its a big secret that you risk being patted down if you fly. If you aren't comfortable with being frisked, don't fly. It really is that simple.

+1. I don't exactly agree with it (the government screening private companies' customers), but when I have to fly (for work), I get over it. The TSA employee is simply doing their job, and I am simply going though what I know will happen when I choose to fly. We do our thing and part ways. It's a relationship of convenience :D

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The bottom line is quite simple, and I've never heard it expressed more eloquently than this:

People who are willing to rely on the government to keep them safe are pretty much standing on Darwin's mat, pounding on the door, screaming, "Take me, take me!"
--Carl Jacobs

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah, hah. Okay, that makes sense to me. Like giving consent to a search, then trying to back out when the officer finds something you didn't want him to.

From MSNBC

Valyria Lewis, local president of AFGE Local 555, which represents TSA screeners in Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and South Carolina, said TSOs are trained to screen passengers who opt out of full-body scans.

“But we’d like TSA to hand out pamphlets detailing what opt out means. When someone opts out of the X-ray scanners, they’re opting in for the pat-down,” Lewis said. “And once we explain what the pat-down is, you can’t go back and change your mind and say ‘OK, I’ll go through the scanner.’ We’d like that explained so officers aren’t caught in that crossfire.”

The National Treasury Employees Union, which also represents TSA workers, has launched a campaign to educate the public about the critical role played by TSA officers in helping secure the safety of air travel.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Yes, the government infringing on your right to privacy without probable cause is sooooo American!!!

But you're probably one of those folks that thinks the 2nd Amendment is really the only important amendment, right?

Do you also believe the government can pull you over and ask for your ID and registration simply because you're driving? I mean, after all, since you're driving you're probably going to speed...

This entire TSA debacle is yet another great illustration of just how the terrorists have won... Oh and don't forget the government, they've won as well... They're bigger, stronger and even more of a money-pit because of it. Hmmm, that could lead to some interesting questions, but I'll refrain. :)

Oh and don't forget... Politicians don't have to submit to any of these searches. Shocking, I know. We're all sheep here. Being ruled by wolves. And we're completely okay with it.

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The lack of logic doesn't seem to trouble people as much as being felt up. A simple example, why are pocket knifes and box cutters not allowed on flights? Since 9-11 literally half of the passengers on a flight would have to be terroists. What was done before, could not happen again. Think about it, it took 3 flights, practically simultaneously, before people on the fourth flight figured out what to do. So why not let grandma have a K-bar so she can take care of her 1 terrorist share. The days of highjacking are over. Get past that.

There will be another flight bombed, but it will be because of the watchers, not the watched. Just like prison, the bad stuff will get in, and it will be brought in by the jailers. There is too much money that can be offered and there are too many who would sacrifice others to protect their own. That, I'm sure is being looked at, but that is still the way it will go down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom