Another "Let's be scared of guns" crap article from News9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
It's Christmas time and there is always a rise in vehicle burglaries. Its asinine to link this to open carry.

Like an article I saw about "Open Carry Troubles" that talked about the guy who "dropped" his gun while dressing/undressing in a doctor's office, and the lady who did the same in a theater bathroom stall. Neither to my knowledge were even open carrying.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at the people that post on here. #$%^%! thieves broken into my car and stole my High Point 9mm. If more people are gonna carry firearms more are going to get stolen. So the article by News9 isn't totally without merit.

ERPA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course by the same logic that news 9 uses we could argue that Oklahoma has seen a decrease in the grasshopper population since open carry became law on 11--01-2012. :woot:

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Odd that in yesterday's Daily Oklahoman they printed an article that a month after open carry started, nothings really happened except for that one guy getting arrested for the polling place deal. Then channel 9 has to print this crap. You just can't trust journalists.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's very easy for a reporter to parrot whatever the one source tells them, without doing any actual journalism. I've met and discussed open carry with Dexter Nelson. He doesn't like OC. In his position with OKCPD, he's certainly entitled to express his views on the subject. However, expect to see the local media creating news on OC when really, little to none actually exists.

Latest posts

Top Bottom