1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any watch experts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aviator41, Feb 25, 2014.

1. aviator41

aviator41 Sharpshooter

I wear a Citizen eco-drive on a daily basis. I managed to deeply scratch the crystal in the watch last weekend by dragging it on the gripped surface of an airplane wing step (think top of a skateboard, 60 grit sandpaper). Luckily, it missed the dials of the watch, but the crystal looks horrible. I figured it's time to take it to an expert, have the crystal replaced and get the watch cleaned.

Can anyone recommend a good Citizen watch repair/service business in town?

My grandfather was a watchmaker/repairman and has been the only pro to touch the watch, but he passed last year so it's time for a new, reputable guy in the OKC metro.

Any leads are greatly appreciated.

2. Dave70968

Dave70968 Sharpshooter

Last time I had my Navihawk worked on, I sent it in to the factory shop. I think it cost me about ten bucks, though that's been seven years ago.

I was happy with the factory, though if anybody can recommend a local shop, I'd be interested in hearing it.

3. aviator41

aviator41 Sharpshooter

I'd much rather deal locally. There's just something about sending this watch through the mail that doesn't sit right with me.

4. NikatKimber

NikatKimber Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Interested in the same thing.

I've got two of them, one is the old calculator watch that I need the crystal replaced on - completely fractured. Would like to get that one working, it was my dad's, and like you, he passed away last year.

5. indi

indi Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    If you bought it less than a year ago you can take it to the dealer and they can send it in to have the crystal repaired or replaced. I had it done on my ecco drive, it came back like new. I bought my watch at Carson Pirie Scott which is kind of like Macy's, and they took care of it. I dont know anyone local so cant recommend anyone, besides the dealer you bought it from. I think my turn around was kike a week or 2.

6. candrpotts

candrpotts Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Do not use Clifton's Watch Hospital on N. May. Took an antique pocket watch up to him a couple of weeks before Christmas and I finally got it back in last week. Nothing complicated, just replace the crystal and minute hand. Still don't have my wife's grandmother's watch back. He's never returned a phone call. He knows what he's doing but customer service and speed aren't his strong points

7. aviator41

aviator41 Sharpshooter

Sorry you had a bad experience. thanks for sharing this. I will steer clear

Not wanting to have it shipped off. It's far too sentimental to risk loss or further damage.

8. Ace_on_the_Turn

Ace_on_the_Turn Sharpshooter

Don't know if they work on Citizen watches, but BC Clark (downtown location) has two of the best watch guys in the state. They work on Rolex, Patek Philippe and Breitling. Needless to say, they are good.

9. hk33

hk33 Sharpshooter

Polywatch Plastic Lens Scratch Remover - I'd use this unless the scratches are so deep that it needs to be replaced.

Otherwise take it to BC Clarks

10. SoonerP226

SoonerP226 Sharpshooter

I took my Breitling to BC Clark by Penn Square. All it needed was a new battery, but it got done on time, so I can't complain.