Anybody been to Vancouver BC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently the kids rave about "Vansterdam". Free your imagination, man!

I'd love to visit that part of North America, looks beautiful. I'm not sure how close to the coast Vancouver is, but if I were anywhere near it I'd be signing up for a whale watching tour. Fo' realz.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A cousin (now in her late 50's) now living back in Houston worked (contracts expert) in the Vancouver, BC office of CH2MHILL for three years until 2008. She did not need a car, but that's another story. She enjoyed it, but she was working and flying to and from other offices in Canada. Never had anything negative to say at all. Only reason she returned after three years was to care for a family member in Houston. Now, to visit, no personal experience but long time friend and wife stopped through Vancouver several years ago after visiting a son at Army base in AK, I think it was Ft. Wainwright. They enjoyed it so much they have gone back every August for 7 to 10 days for the vacation. Most of everything is gov't owned, even the liquor stores, many Orientals there who are quiet and polite but will not look one in the eye when walking down the street. Also, auto traffic in rush hour and all times they noticed that no one honked their horns. Many areas nearby to walk, bike and horse ride and so forth. They are my age and pretty active and thoroughly have enjoyed each year and they plan on going every year. Hope that helps.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I've only been in that part of the country once in 1971. Was stationed at Ft. Lewis Wa. for a month, prior to shipping overseas. What little I saw was beautiful.
Appreciate the tips so far, keep em coming:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom