Anybody been to Vancouver BC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lived there & when to school there 7 years (being a Canuck that imigrated years ago). Left in 88 to work overseas met my wife & her family is here so hear I am. I'll be going back to Victoria (on Vancouver island) for Christmas, mom is getting up in age & wants us to come. I'm sure it has changed alot & become even more liberal but it is nice country. There is tons on stuff to do there & on the Island. Depends on what you want to do. Hope BC is a couple hour drive I think from Vancouver, Remember the 1st Rambo thats where it all happened. Had a biology project on the island feeding salmon fri on part of the river that is on the Malahat dr. (highway that goes up island) When are you planning to go, Aug is about the best month.

There is a great museum of natural history down town Victoria & as mentioned before the gardens are great. It's been a long time for me & do not remember all the tourist spots & the bars I use to attend (I was alot younger then) but there are quite a few pubs with good beer & food!! I'm sure there is alot on the net now. If you have any questions about something ask me it may jog my memory

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
July or August, we haven't set a hard date yet. It kind of depends on what is going on up there. I would really like to see whales breaching, as has been mentioned. Havn't found much about what time of year that goes on yet.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW?!?!?!? Narrowminded much? Canada is not communist country, they might provide healthcare but they also dont throw non-violent drug offenders into FOR PROFIT prisons for life....get a clue.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We'll be going to Ketchikan, Alaska in a couple of weeks..My son tells me the whales are there now..Somedays you see several and then other days maybe only one of two..either way I'm looking forward to the trip......

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
West Van - Nanaimo (Horseshoe Bay-Departure Bay)

I have seen killer whales during Aug on this ferry route but it's definatly not a whale watching boat, it is part of the BC highway system.

How long ar eyou going to spend there?

Gastown has alot of shops & eating places, there is so much you need weeks to get it done.

http://www.bing.com/attractions/sea...6&qpvt=capilano+suspension+bridge&FORM=DTPATA

& there is a salmon hatchery just up the raod from there. Also alot of native india art in the shop there if I remember right

Latest posts

Top Bottom