Anyone here of this scam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

blacklabelmongo

So this afternoon the girlfriend, kiddos and I returned home to find a flyer and a plastic bag taped to our front door. I looked around and noticed it on all of my neighbor's door as well. The note was asking for used shoe donations. The girlfriend flipped out saying a former co worker of hers had an encounter such as this where a few good sized men showed up to collect shoes scouting places and later returning to rob the place, and they are using the flyers still being outside as a way of knowing what hours the homeowners are home..

I know this sounds like a completely paranoid ordeal, but I have never heard of this and curious if anyone else has?

Edit: I am completely tired and noticed I spelled "hear as here" so be easy on me here, I am not stupid, just running for politics... heh

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't heard of that, but have had the bag on the door collecting shoes. Would be interested to know if this is the reason they set it up. My wife is always home and armed, so if they attempt they may wish they had stopped elsewhere.

B

blacklabelmongo

I hear you there. Everything in my home is insured and can be replaced, they are only materials, but the people that live here with me are irreplaceable. It's just really eating at me lately watching all of these home invasions with a ton of people barging in, its a nightmare played out in my mind so many times I wish it would just stop.."What do I keep loaded and how much will I need for this scenario" I am sure we have all had these things in our minds at some point.

B

blacklabelmongo

That's what I want to know, because used shoes broke in from other people's feet can't be healthy for anyone else, its just suspicious sounding to me.

Tom's shoes claim for every pair you buy they match it with a pair for kids in need, that I understand, but leaving a produce sack taped to my door with a photo of kids in another country asking for my used shoes is just odd...

Latest posts

Top Bottom