Are we simply broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was on my phone today and was presented with an ad from "hellomood.co" for a legal high. This is an organization in OKC that is openly advertising the ability to harness THC in an edible that "...have to watch how much I eat or the high will catch up to me."...

We have spent decades working to combat the societal and personal effects of drinking for intoxication. In our rush to be whatever it is our population believes it wants and needs to be, are we increasingly abandoning the lessons of history? I smoked for 22 years and, fortunately do not have recurring medical concerns. My cousin recreationally smoked weed for the same period and now is diagnosed with what could be described as black lung. Not a significant sample, but we are demonizing the effects of tobacco, only to embrace, again, a historical lesson, already learned.

Are we simply broken at this point?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As an old guy I think some of us see it as broken. Throughout history there have been times such as these. Nowadays it’s easier to shirk responsibility for oneself and get free stuff from others. I suspect that trend will continue under the current lack of leadership in America. I’ve never been a user of any type of drugs that weren’t prescribed for a specific medical condition and I limit the use of those. Many people rely on different types of drugs or alcohol to get past whatever malady they think they have. In the Marine Corps these types were call “non hackers”. Their numbers are multiplying at epidemic levels with no end in sight. Even this site is being infiltrated by some of these types. I just continue to do what I do the best I can. Maybe I should join them, sure seems like an easy life.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t use drugs like MJ or other “illegal” scheduled drugs, but I DO support people’s Right to freedom to put in their body what they feel is good for them. Now, there’s not freedom for consequences for actions that occurred or may occur under such circumstances, but you should have a right to invest something without legal ramifications for just that.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny how Marijuana is being promoted, but long time painkillers like Loritab is being demonized by our gov't and the very profession that prescribed the heck out of it (much pressure from the DEA?)

Some illnesses and injuries require stronger painkillers than Motrin or Aleve. Doctors at one time relied on their knowledge of medicine and their patients. Now it appears they are directed by the pharmaceutical companies, the CDC and the health care system they are part of and we are not the healthier for it.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The example of marijuana is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of how broken our society is and how so many are not only not looking to history for problem solving, but are actively trying to erase history. If we continue down this road much longer I truly fear the damage will be irreversible. Maybe it already is.

My wife and I talk about it every day... How morally bankrupt we've become as a society. Up is down, black is white, right is wrong. I'm glad I grew up when I did and have fond memories of what this country was like 50+ years ago.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MJ has been used since, like forever so I dont see that as anything thats changed since legalization efforts have opened up in some states. In fact maybe even more so then than now. When you tell people they cant do it, most times they do the opposite.
Wokeness is another story and its disgusting.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, as a society, we are very broken. Too many people going the wrong direction in so many ways. This reminds me of the ad I've seen on TV for some sort of drug to help people be better. Harrelsons something?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In my opinion, our society is broke beyond repair.

On the drug issue, I have never taken any kind of drug other than vitamins and ibuprofen, and I don’t drink alcohol either. However, I’m not opposed to MJ for medicinal purposes (if it’s a legitimate need). Even though it’s not legal in TX, my Dad’s doctor suggested that it would be beneficial to him for pain management when his time was getting short due to cancer. My Dad was totally against the idea, so I have no idea if it would’ve helped or not. The fact that the doctor suggested it spoke volumes to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom