Best place in okc for work boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm needing new work boots and plan on getting some this weekend.

Looking mainly at danners and red wings but open to suggestions (work in natural gas industry and around some chemicals)

Okc Moore Norman area mainly want a place good prices and selection

Sent via message in a bottle

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually go to cow town (south agnew). theirs a few shops with a good selection of boots. any langstons or atwoods usually will have some good prices. You say natural gas industry...like on a drilling rig or refinery plant? Im going to assume you want steel toe. If you are around slick surfaces such as a rig floor soaked in oil based mud, i would avoid twisted X, they are comfy but super slick. Red wings have the best traction IMO but are expensive. If you will be outside a lot it might be a good idea to go with a hard polymer toe vs steel since winter is all but here, they dont get nearly as cold. Right now i have some justin polymer toe and i am happy with them for right around $150. My next purchase will be a pair of Rocky steel toes, just a really good overall work boot.

Simon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you know your size and what you want, shoebuy.com is a good place. Free shipping both ways if you have a return, good customer service, fast shipping. The prices are about the same as in store. I buy New Balance Hikers and sneaks from them as they are hard to find in store.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gelco is a good spot to look with a wide selection. I'm a Danner fan. I'm glad I know my size. I can pull up the Danner website and order any boot knowing it will fit.

I am tempted to give Red Wings a shot next time I'm in the mood for a pair of boots. I've heard nothing but good feedback on the brand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom