best Tulsa BBQ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Long drive I know, but this place has some of the best BBQ I've ever had. Badlands Smokehouse in Ft Gibson. Google says an hour drive from the Tulsa Airport. Guy I work with is a certified BBQ judge (no, I'm not kidding) and he was impressed. I'll take his word for it; I sure liked it.

Here's a Google Map

DeadEyeDick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the real elmer was alive it was great. His nephew or grandson (I cant remember which) put the place in the shitter. The current owner has owned it for quite some time now and does a good job..... Great if you consider what other options we have.

i used to do the floors there. it was damn good when elmer was alive. after he died, it wasnt long until there was a padlock on the door. seems his nephew wanted to spend the bill money on other things. it was sad.

einsteinwv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stutts house bbq is pretty damn good too, that and big daddys. Stutts house is in very much north tulsa, but still has the original owner and with the lunch special you get a fresh made that morning personal size buttermilk pie. Its over at apache anytime I have had to work in north tulsa thats where I go and eat.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the real elmer was alive it was great. His nephew or grandson (I cant remember which) put the place in the shitter. The current owner has owned it for quite some time now and does a good job..... Great if you consider what other options we have.

Yep, this is accurate from my experiences. I've got there lately and it's back to near what it used to be. Although, they've cut some portions on the Nelson's plate IMHO. :D

RedneckZombie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stutt's & Big Daddy's are both good but I think Okla. Style on N. Harvard beat 'em out. As far as all those south Tulsa joints, they're all about quantity over quality. You gotta go north to get some bbq made with love. Honorable mention goes to Wilsons! But since 'ol man Wilson passed it hasnt been the same. I love their slogan......"you dont need no teeth to eat our beef".

Latest posts

Top Bottom