Best way to defend boat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad your ok. I carry a maverick 88 under the seat next to the drivers seat...3-00, 2 slugs.
same in the side saddle....lots of oil.
That and a 30" piece of 1 1/4 " aluminum rod next to the seat......Just to whack them Nasty fish with.
And I believe down here in rough ol L-town, it is against the law for open containers (its a city lake).
(the 38 is under a towell at my feet....shhhh)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got glove box on the boat...maybe a holster mounted in there?

Got to ask though, was there any interaction between you and this guy prior to him blocking you in and boarding your boat? Seems random and it feels like there's more to the story. I damn sure would've called the law by now, unless I had done something I didn't want to come to light.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He said where 9A and 69 meet. I think that would be on the south side of town. Near the big cabin (Conway Twitty's old place).

Yes, Oak Ridge is right there when you get off to go to Stigler/Long Town, the exit just south of Eufalla.

I avoid the cut, and alcohol at the lake. I take my 5 and 8 year old with me. They just happened to be on the beach with my wife and family, while I took my aunt back to the house to spend some time with my Grandpa before she left. His sons got into it with someone the day before, and he mistook me for that person. He saw me talking to his sons as I was coming off our dock. I just told them to be careful of the sunken dock and rock near their jug lines, and started heading out. He thought I was the guy(s) his sons got into an argument with prior and decided to attack me. Why 5 grown men cant handle themselves and he feels the need to defend them against 1 person by boarding a boat, I have no idea, other than it was 230 in the afternoon, and was quite probably drunk.

I'd have a hard time picking him out of a line up, life jacket, hat, sunglasses, and most of the time, my eyes were going between the gaff, and the sons, as they had grabbed onto my boat and was afraid of them boarding.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, Oak Ridge is right there when you get off to go to Stigler/Long Town, the exit just south of Eufalla.

I avoid the cut, and alcohol at the lake. I take my 5 and 8 year old with me. They just happened to be on the beach with my wife and family, while I took my aunt back to the house to spend some time with my Grandpa before she left. His sons got into it with someone the day before, and he mistook me for that person. He saw me talking to his sons as I was coming off our dock. I just told them to be careful of the sunken dock and rock near their jug lines, and started heading out. He thought I was the guy(s) his sons got into an argument with prior and decided to attack me. Why 5 grown men cant handle themselves and he feels the need to defend them against 1 person by boarding a boat, I have no idea, other than it was 230 in the afternoon, and was quite probably drunk.

I'd have a hard time picking him out of a line up, life jacket, hat, sunglasses, and most of the time, my eyes were going between the gaff, and the sons, as they had grabbed onto my boat and was afraid of them boarding.

From what you're describing, the situation would have not turned out well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom