Bit by a dog on my morning run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmhbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back to one of the original questions: most of the time I'm carrying in a SmartCarry holster. Current carry gun is a PX4C Storm. I don't know that I'd want to jog or run in that rig. The elastic band is only about 2 inches wide, so I don't think it would be very secure with running shorts. I'd look at one of the neoprene belly bands for a running rig.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
packing while exercising is a pita but necessary .. a large pepper spray is velcro to handlebar stem, fast access for chasing dogs.
340PD is light enough to tolerate in light pants pocket ...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a dog come running out when I was cruising through a rural area in MT on my motorcycle. I was doing maybe 30 mph so I sped up to try and get past what I though would be about our point of intercept. I wasnt able to get past fast enough and I lifted my front foot off the forward peg and held it out about 1' to the left, locked my knee and smack that dog with a size 11 leather boot at 45 mph. tried to aim for the very front of his face so the impact to me would be minimal. It worked well. My riding buddy was several hundred feet behind me but the dog wanted nothing more to do with motorcycles. lol

Istandalone

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Off Sante Fe, between 33rd and 15th. If you happen to run around there let me know and I might could PM you more specifics.

wrong side of town. I do have some older people that walk their great dane and other large dogs in my area. I thought that the great dane might rip the guys arm off as he lunged toward me once. He didn't seem to be in a violent temper, though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom