Bit by a dog on my morning run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a dog come running out when I was cruising through a rural area in MT on my motorcycle. I was doing maybe 30 mph so I sped up to try and get past what I though would be about our point of intercept. I wasnt able to get past fast enough and I lifted my front foot off the forward peg and held it out about 1' to the left, locked my knee and smack that dog with a size 11 leather boot at 45 mph. tried to aim for the very front of his face so the impact to me would be minimal. It worked well. My riding buddy was several hundred feet behind me but the dog wanted nothing more to do with motorcycles. lol

What are you? I've never seen a human with "front feet"? :uhwhat:

You were very lucky that worked OK for you, even a small 10lb dog at 45mph is likely to cause YOU a lot of damage.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Animal control checked up on the dog and said that it's up-to-date on its rabies vaccine.

At this point the dog is being quarantined at home for 240 hours from the time of the incident, after which the dog will be checked by a vet. This is all standard procedure in situations when the dog has up-to-date rabies vaccine records.

The animal control officer who checked up on the dog came back with a story from the owner, saying that the owner came outside with the dog and the dog went at me "to protect its mom". This officer also downplayed my option to sign a complaint against the dog and owner.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I would sue as well with an attack attorney who is out for blood. Discuss it with an attorney and he or she will take it on commission if he thinks the case will hold. Even if the old bag has no insurance to cover dog bites the attorney will know what to do. Like the rest said, if she was apologetic and offered to pay the doctor bills is one thing but when she lied.....no mercy.

SM Rider

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Running isn't healthy. Adding dog attacks simply compounds the unhealthy lifestyle the OP has chosen. Stop while you're ahead before Murphy waylays you with something worse. ;)

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Animal control checked up on the dog and said that it's up-to-date on its rabies vaccine.

At this point the dog is being quarantined at home for 240 hours from the time of the incident, after which the dog will be checked by a vet. This is all standard procedure in situations when the dog has up-to-date rabies vaccine records.

The animal control officer who checked up on the dog came back with a story from the owner, saying that the owner came outside with the dog and the dog went at me "to protect its mom". This officer also downplayed my option to sign a complaint against the dog and owner.

What officer was it? I used to work as an animal control officer. A lot of times, esp if the dog owner is rather nice, the officers can get kinda lazy about issuing tickets. With that being said, I can coach you to get the results you want from the situation or from the city, if you wish.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was in high school many years ago my Ole Grandpa was walking in a little town in central Oklahoma when a dog came running out knocked him down and was biting the hell out of him..What the dog didn't realize was grandpa was whittling as he walked..Grandpa had to have several wounds dressed but the dog needed a grave...

Latest posts

Top Bottom