cabelas okc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still wouldn't trade with you. I can get in a car and go to a state that has what I want. AK, a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

It's hard living where the wild things roam in your backyard. Oh, and we have an REI too though it's really more for the yuppie, tree lovin', bunny hugger type of spandex wannabe outdoorsman.

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_moose8_zps689ffeb0.jpg

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The museum stores are cool to visit, but the overhead doesn't help consumers. If I want to see a bunch of old dead things, we have Golden Corral.

Yep. I remember going into Fred Bakers store when it was on the corner of 23rd and McArthur and he didn't have no dead animals hanging offa the wall. Or like our Cabela's an airplane suspended from the ceiling. What Fred did have was good prices, real good prices. And if you needed a hamburger there was a Big Ed's just a couple of doors down. Fred was not into a lot of gimmicks like they have now.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thread hijack; people that want sell the store something will call and ask for Fred. My usual response to these sales guys, who haven't done their homework is; "Let me go dig him up." That is followed by a pregnant pause and then a click.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. I remember going into Fred Bakers store when it was on the corner of 23rd and McArthur and he didn't have no dead animals hanging offa the wall. Or like our Cabela's an airplane suspended from the ceiling. What Fred did have was good prices, real good prices. And if you needed a hamburger there was a Big Ed's just a couple of doors down. Fred was not into a lot of gimmicks like they have now.

I remember those days too

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thread hijack; people that want sell the store something will call and ask for Fred. My usual response to these sales guys, who haven't done their homework is; "Let me go dig him up." That is followed by a pregnant pause and then a click.

I still miss the tall goofy prick. We had a lot of good conversations. Everytime I headed out for Alaska he'd always say "Let me show ya this. It'll be good for the those bears". I proudly showed an older eskimo man in Barrow the 45-70 I'd bought from Fred for polar bear protection. He looked it over and handed it back and just shook his head. He said "That big bullet will ruin too much meat". Then he handed me his 22 Hornet and just grinned. The next time I was in Fred Baker Firearms I asked Fred to show me a 22 Hornet.

As for Cabela's I really haven't seen any good deals. Lotta fluff but high priced stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom