Can a Helicopter use x-ray equipment to find guns in homes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thread needed this.
i1101.photobucket.com_albums_g428_UnSafe62_untitled_zps556e410b.png

Sir, please stop posting my picture. I am trying to turn over a new leaf, and besides she told me she was 18.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once they collect all their info on all the guns, they will strap a huge magnet on the same helicopter and fly by your house so your guns will float up amd stick to your ceilings. But be awear, that's when you should be expecting your door to get kicked in.

Its a good thing that I stocked up on those plastic glocks and polymer ar15 then because there's no metal in them to detect and they wont stick to the magent. Whew!

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could they be looking for guns using this kind of machinery as some kind of pre executive order banning assault rifles?? Is this even possible?

mike
signut

The short version is no, it is not possible the way you are thinking of it, and no it is unlikely that this activity has anything whatsoever with firearms.

If this kind of technology were actually possible -- having some aircraft-mounted methodology of finding small arms -- it would all ready be getting heavy use over in Afghanistan looking for weapons caches and IED makers.

This is not possible with x-ray, radar, sonar, magnetic anomoly detectors, IR scanners, spectral analysis, or anything else. There is so much else in your house that is metal and would show up on some kind of "scan" (your electrical system for one, plus your water pipes, HVAC ducting, etc) that picking out a small arm amongst all that clutter would just be impossible. It can't even be done in Afghanistan where people are living in mud huts without all of that other clutter.

Latest posts

Top Bottom