Carry wisely!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe. Maybe not. “Glock Perfection,” you know? You’ve seen surfers on TV probably, missing an extremity or two who get out there and ride the surf with sharks; they will never blame the sharks.
In 1984 I saw the chief of a Kansas town shoot his ass while holstering with his new G lock. He was used to a revolver with no trigger cover on his holster therefore...bad habits. Funny as hell because he deserved it. His nickname from then on was asswhistle.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@Boring, right back atcha.
20191123_065703.jpg
20181206_145324.jpg
20200616_190107.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

A lot of Colt DA revolvers developed timing issues, this old Taurus was built on S&W equipment and I think still under license. Shortly after anyway. Had it for many, many years without an issue that I did not cause. Dissembled to clean once and had a hard time getting it back together because of one little spring.

Boring

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Glock doesn’t have a monopoly on trigger only safeties - it’s in vogue. Glock did want a double action revolver like trigger pull to placate big city police departments who were making the transition. Police departments were used to revolvers. Thumb safeties were considered risky because the officer might forget how to operate them. So Glock seized the opportunity and presented the closest thing they could come up with to a pistol that had revolver-like traits. Glock enthusiasts can readily purchase trigger kits that can trick them down to hair trigger.

Edit: Protecting that trigger can’t be over emphasized.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice Eagle "Secret Service" grips on that 442 in the Sparks VMII.
Thank ya kindly. Excellent eye you have there. Yes, I like em. No snag no drag when riding in the Sparks or my Blackhawk size 3 in my pocket. They feel good too when shooting little sticks of dynamite with very serious projectiles on the end out of the j-frame also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom