Carrying guns inside restaurants that serve alcohol could be next

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was some talk as soon as constitutional carry was passed that there needed to be some "clean up". This sounds to me like that.

We can all hope so because it’s no secret that our new liberty really isn’t as special because of it. Might as well just keep and maintain a permit if you don’t wanna be limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure, yes

Well I guess my definition of oversight isn’t the same as yours. My opinion, an oversight is something that was accidentally overlooked. This seems to me as purposely done intentional. Just like with the medical marijuana law; of course that had to come with some strings attached.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if "oversight" is the best word, because pretty much everyone knew the statute as passed had some quirks. My perception at the time was get it passed, and we'll iron out any inconsistencies with future legislation.

But I think @CHenry is basically correct, without regard to semantics.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if "oversight" is the best word, because pretty much everyone knew the statute as passed had some quirks. My perception at the time was get it passed, and we'll iron out any inconsistencies with future legislation.

But I think @CHenry is basically correct, without regard to semantics.

Well, maybe y’all are right, I dunno. I just never ever figured that this new law would come without any strings attached. Maybe they will iron out a few things but let’s face it, if new things like this came out without those new provisions, that would be lost money to the state. Why do you think ole failin’ Falin shot all this down the first time constitutional carry was first brought up? That was a lot of lost money to the state and OSBI.

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This must pertain to open carry only because concealed is concealed. :)

711bc72208046c1169fe8755b9a334f7.jpg

corneileous

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But I’m curious; I never really thought about it until now but if you go into a restaurant that does serve alcohol, that has an actual bar in back with what looks like a poorly divided area from the rest of the dining room, is that part technically considered the same as a bar??

All this time I had figured that unless the whole place was in fact a true blue bona fide bar, that no part of it was a bar but now it’s got me wondering.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But I’m curious; I never really thought about it until now but if you go into a restaurant that does serve alcohol, that has an actual bar in back with what looks like a poorly divided area from the rest of the dining room, is that part technically considered the same as a bar??

All this time I had figured that unless the whole place was in fact a true blue bona fide bar, that no part of it was a bar but now it’s got me wondering.

The way I understand it, if I go into Texas Roadhouse (clearly a restaurant with a bar seating section) with out a permit, I'm in violation.
A "bar" that is clearly a bar, is off limits to all guns. Ironically the one I go in is frequented by the Banditos and other gangs, and I know they are all packing iron.

Latest posts

Top Bottom