Chattanooga TN Marine Recruiting Office Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would also suspect he would be not think kindly on people who would deprive him of his moral decision by demanding he not be punished because the "rule" is wrong. Im telling you, he did what he did out of a sense of a moral right and would accept his punishment like a man because he knows in his heart it was his decision and he owns the consequences. He knows that whatever punishment he receives pales in comparison to not being armed.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would also suspect he would be not think kindly on people who would deprive him of his moral decision by demanding he not be punished because the "rule" is wrong. Im telling you, he did what he did out of a sense of a moral right and would accept his punishment like a man because he knows in his heart it was his decision and he owns the consequences. He knows that whatever punishment he receives pales in comparison to not being armed.

Well that's noble and all but I'm still baking a cake with a hacksaw in it...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congress is currently debating allowing those in off post recruiting centers, etc to be armed legally. I suspect it will pass.

I don't understand how any recruit into the Armed Services would be frightened by a recruiter with a sidearm on their hip, and an M4 resting next to the desk. That's what they are signing up for the most part.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SMS is correct. He took a decision to break the rules and I suspect it was with the full knowledge that his decision would have consequences should he be caught. This is a perfect example of the difference between a legal and a moral choice.

No doubt he still made the right call. However, you would think that our leaders both in and out of the military would reexamine the asinine policies that leave people defenseless against those who mean them harm and don't abide by laws anyways. Also there is the element of discretion in pursuing charges or not.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No doubt he still made the right call. However, you would think that our leaders both in and out of the military would reexamine the asinine policies that leave people defenseless against those who mean them harm and don't abide by laws anyways. Also there is the element of discretion in pursuing charges or not.

Y'all don't understand the UCMJ. Even though he may have potentially saved lives, he violated a regulation that requires disciplinary action.

The disciplinary action will take place. What has been said, is that it may be swept into a desk drawer afterward at the discretion of the panel, or depending on the level, it may be his commanding officer that alone makes the judgment.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Y'all don't understand the UCMJ. Even though he may have potentially saved lives, he violated a regulation that requires disciplinary action.

The disciplinary action will take place. What has been said, is that it may be swept into a desk drawer afterward at the discretion of the panel, or depending on the level, it may be his commanding officer that alone makes the judgment.

No, I do not understand the UCMJ.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I do not understand the UCMJ.

Most that haven't been in, won't.

Duty is first. Anything that restricts that duty by personal choice can be cause for punishment. For example, if you have to pull duty Monday through Friday, and you go to the lake and get sunburned on Sunday so bad that you can't report for duty, you can be punished by Article 15.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score

You would think so, but unfortunately, they seem more concerned about soundbite than about really doing what is necessary to protect our country and get us on the path to prosperity, security, and liberty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom