Conceal Carry at the Zoo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The zoo is operated by a Trust, and their rules are posted here: http://www.okczoo.org/visit

State law protects gun storage in your vehicle in the parking lot.
If you are caught carrying, their options include asking you to leave and barring you from the zoo.
Frankly, I don't know what they would actually do, since I store mine in my vehicle there because of the crowds of people.
Your choice.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't advocate breaking the law, but your carry piece doesn't do much good in the car....JMO.

I don't recall seeing any signs the last time I was there, but I wasn't really looking for them either.

Edit: I just looked at the link in the previous post. oops

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it's one of those things that is a big dark grey area.

BTW I have found that just doing a google search is generally better at finding it. This is especially true if you use the string
Code:
site:okshooters.com
along with what you want to search

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless a site is on the SDA prohibited carry place list posted signs are little more than a "please don't" request. If they catch you and they ask you to leave and you refuse and don't leave then you're trespassing at which point you have broken the law, misdemeanor trespass I believe.

One might argue the zoo is on the list because the city owns it and it is operated for doing business with the city. EXCEPT - as it has been pointed out - the zoo is operated by a trust and not by the city so it's not on the list (except no one to the best of my knowledge has tested that).

As others have stated concealed is concealed. And as it is often stated on forums like this, 'tis better to judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where are y'all coming up with getting charged with trespassing if you are asked to leave a place that is posted and don't? That was the old law but the new one says that if you are asked to leave and refuse you could be issued a ticket for refusing to leave, not charged with trespassing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom