Cooking/Food thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For this cool and dreary fall day I am making a slow cooker full of beef stew and some cornbread. Just seemed like the weather for it.

Oh and @CHenry, I always heard that was called cucumber salad. I like it but it hates me. I burp cucumbers for days. Kind of like I do egg drop soup.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For this cool and dreary fall day I am making a slow cooker full of beef stew and some cornbread. Just seemed like the weather for it.

Oh and @CHenry, I always heard that was called cucumber salad. I like it but it hates me. I burp cucumbers for days. Kind of like I do egg drop soup.
Cucumber salad is what I have heard it called before also but wasnt sure.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had this going yesterday. 4 pound chuck roast, carrots, celery, taters, 1.5 cups beef broth and 1 cup cabernet. Salt and peppered the roast, covered in flour and browned in a cast iron skillet with a couple tablespoons of oil. Took the roast out and put in a sliced yellow onion, 1T Thyme and 1T Oregano and after a couple minutes added 5 minced cloves of garlic. Cooked that for another couple minutes and dumped maybe half the wine in the skillet to deglaze and get all the goodness to let loose. Poured that in the crock pot added the veggies remaining wine and broth. Topped that with the roast and 4 Bay Leaves and cooked for 8 hours. That’s just some good stuff right there.
1682536964368.jpeg

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I went to a Mexican restaurant here in Guymon yesterday called “Los Tres Potrillos” and ordered the “Camarones a la Diabla”…

I cried. A lot.

This white boy didn’t handle the spicy to well on that dish… but I finished it.

Was paying out and the Hispanic gal was telling me “oh yeah… we don’t even eat that one. It’s to hot.”

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a Mexican restaurant here in Guymon yesterday called “Los Tres Potrillos” and ordered the “Camarones a la Diabla”…

I cried. A lot.

This white boy didn’t handle the spicy to well on that dish… but I finished it.

Was paying out and the Hispanic gal was telling me “oh yeah… we don’t even eat that one. It’s to hot.”

Yeah, but was it good tasting? If so, and you plan to return there, get that young lady's number so you can ask if a "dish" is too hot or not.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter loves sushi, but that’s a big nope for me.

I haven’t fried anything lately, so last night, I did beef cutlets, fried yellow squash, a few morels, and fries. I almost didn’t cook enough, because I didn’t know I was going to have to feed my daughter’s dumb@ss boyfriend. :rolleyes2

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter loves sushi, but that’s a big nope for me.

I haven’t fried anything lately, so last night, I did beef cutlets, fried yellow squash, a few morels, and fries. I almost didn’t cook enough, because I didn’t know I was going to have to feed my daughter’s dumb@ss boyfriend. :rolleyes2
I see a solution to a problem there man. Little bit of laxative or some ghost pepper in his food, he might not ever come back 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom