Cox is really getting annoying right now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Tanis. Appreciated!

And they will send someone out, I just have to pay for the service call and if it's my equipment, it's still broke when they leave unless they talk me into one of theirs. At least that's what I've been told in the past. And I'll look again tonight, but I've never seen a modem for outright sale on their website when logged into my account but tons of upgrade paths to lease theirs. Thanks again! I'll keep you posted if need be.

You only pay for the trouble call if the problem is with your cable wiring in the house or your modem (and a lot of techs will waive the fee if you decide to purchase a new modem, no one wants to tack a $75 charge on top of the modem purchase). If its a problem on our service (from the ground block back) then its a free trouble call. You can also take the service plan (6.99 a mo/ have to keep for 90 days) instead of the $75 tc if it ends up being wiring in the house or the modem, or just call in and threaten to cancel to get the charged credited back lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom