David Letterman Addresses Newtown Tragedy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was rather surprised when I saw this . I am not a David Letterman fan but I have to give him a little credit here.

David Letterman spent close to seven minutes of Monday's Late Show broadcast addressing the senseless shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., that took the lives of 20 first-graders and a half-dozen adults.Returning from commercial, the host, looking visibly saddened, noted the beauty of the Christmas decorations on the Late Show set."It makes me so sad," Letterman began. "They're really for kids. You think about this horrifying circumstance. What part of that do you think about that's going to make any difference? Do you think about the kids in the class? That's too awful to think about."

He continued: "Do you think about the parents and their friends and getting that message from the school and finding out that their lives are irrevocably broken, ruined? You think about your own kid. I take him to school every now and then. Are we supposed to be worried about dropping our kids off at school now? I never worried about it before. I always thought, 'Well, here -- school -- is a good place where my son will be free of the idiot decisions made by his father."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/david-letterman-addresses-newtown-tragedy-404075

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Letterman is a fool who never recovered from not getting the Tonight Show after Carson. The older he gets the more bitter he sounds. At least he used to be funny to make up for it. Not so much anymore

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom