Driving from N.E. Oklahoma to Las Vegas, NV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have stayed a night or two in Tucumcari, but it is one dirty, nasty, little town with nothing to do and nothing good to eat. I know it is a little closer, but I would drive the extra time to get to Albuquerque.

When we used to make the trip yearly to Yuma we would stop in Santa Rosa, nice little town.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I. Took a wedding dress to Vegas. Couple of years ago. We drove to Kingman AZ. In one day. 900 some miles from where we live. Once you get on 1-40 it is not a bad drive
There are plenty of gas stops. We went over Hoover. Just before they opened the new bridge. I would rather drive than fly. Because I hate to go anywhere without an AR and ammo.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My family and I made the trip to Las Vegas about 4 years ago; we stopped in ABQ; there is a lot great choices for food and where to stay; next day made the trip to Las Vegas, by way of Hoover Dam; Friday afternoon at Hover Dam was like LA rush hour traffic; they have since built the Mike O'Callaghan - Pat Tilman bridge to bypass to Dam; On the way home we made a side trip to Lake Havasu to see the London Bridge -- ate at the Inn & Out Burger in the London Bridge parking lot. Whatever your choices are; have a safe and fun time!

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If i had another driver with me, we would drive straight through. When i go on road trips i always drive straight through last summer me and my brother and sister drove straight through to Baltimore and then straight through back from a family reunion. Last month me and my sister drove to Jacksonville to see one of my brothers ship off and stop to see other family in Florida then drove straight through back. A lot of people cant take the 12+ hours in a car but i do it 2-3 times a year on 12-22 hour drives with 1-2 other drivers taking turns sleeping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom