Facebook!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watch as your computer is hacked via FB? :P

Not Possible, 256 bit AES encryption on a hardware LINUX firewall box before a mac pro, granted its not always blocking my ip, most of the time its just setup as a proxy itself before I logon, so you would have to get through a router thats encrypted, then an encrypted linux box, than a UNIX box...Have Fun!

ANd using google Chrome....still the only un-exploitable browser available, hackers would not even try at the last competition....only 1 of 5 showed up, and he gave up after his 1st try of 3.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not Possible, 256 bit AES encryption on a hardware LINUX firewall box before a mac pro, granted its not always blocking my ip, most of the time its just setup as a proxy itself before I logon, so you would have to get through a router thats encrypted, then an encrypted linux box, than a UNIX box...Have Fun!

ANd using google Chrome....still the only un-exploitable browser available, hackers would not even try at the last competition....only 1 of 5 showed up, and he gave up after his 1st try of 3.

Nothing is impossible.

Kelly Drown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This IS a bug, and I'm sure Kelly will fix it if at all possible. However, FF does fix this issue. I checked, and you're right, IE piles the notification and FB icons all over each other.

Now to check with Chrome...

ETA: Chrome handles this issue correctly also. Appears the only offender is IE.

Good catch! I'll see if there is anything I can do in the short term to fix it. I use Chrome for a lot of stuff so I had not hit the site with IE. This appears to be an IE rendering bug.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Facebook is also blocked by lots of organizations content filters , thus each facebook like button at the top of a thread is blocked and causes a log entry for attempted blocked content access.
If it goes on for too long IT here where I work will catch it and start looking at where I surf and block this site. It has happened with other forums.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If so, it is a resolution issue, the priorities are not right when there is not enough screen width.

Not so much the priorities, but floats and declared widths.

Kelly: I'll be glad to help if you can't get it by the weekend. I looked around in IE's Dev Toolbar (which sucks, btw), but you can only edit declared attributes and can't add them like you can in Firebug.

A quick patch would be overriding the body's min-width CSS to something like, say 800px or more. It's currently 650px. With floated elements, they just stack on one another if they run out of width. I assume that the login/register bar is part of a default vBulletin theme?

Latest posts

Top Bottom