False 911 Calls (Swatting) Reporting School Shootings at Several OK Schools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
hey i know ya'll love to call me self righteous and whatnot, but i swear ya'll just called me crazy for talking about this in the thread about "live streaming while being pulled over by police".

it's almost like.....the "crazy" guy is more in touch with reality than......

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, he should pay for the rest of his life for a prank call. Glad we never did that sort of thing when I was a kid.

The one that made the other calls was an adult, sounded middle-eastern.
Hey, chill out man. I didn't say that he should have to pay for the rest of his life, and I think that you full well know it but there should be some type of serious consequences for what he did. Something with a bit of pain (and before you jump me again, I don't mean physical torture) and a bit of shame. Then if he behaves for quite a while, expunge his record.

1000 hrs of community service. would be something that I'd consider appropriate.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
no, just more to my point that even in that thread there were plenty of users talking about i dunno "flash mobs" or whatever and claiming that livestreaming while interacting with police would immediately put the officer in danger. i said "yeah i dunno, i think the only people in danger in regards to police are innocents who get swatted while livestreaming".

this was met with the usual dismay, claiming that somehow i dunno a theoretical mob of people would show up *within minutes* to just i dunno pile on a random police officer was a more real threat than a child calling police with a bogus report because they know they will sent the swat team in full tilt and possibly kill someone.

then of course, i provided real articles about this exact thing happening, then the discussion kinda stopped. now it's being picked up again by me because well....i mean it was a very topical point that should have spurred more discussion because....well here it is. someone swatting their entire school.

there has to be something done about this. we can't just keep saying "well they found the kid so it's all good" no it's clearly exploiting a massive issue with our society. which is what i actually care about, the whole me thing is ironic because ya'll started it.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
some years in a private state paid prison will fix them up.....
but what about the next kid? i mean the odds are almost worth it; you might end up killing random kids you think you hate and you might get a measly sentence, certainly not the same if YOU did the shooting.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
again, children don't have access to this in any other way. there's literally no way a child could find a group of people to legit storm a building with guns and possibly kill innocent people. there needs to be something done about THAT issue.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
like this kid they arrested confessed, and if i'm reading the story correctly, an original call was placed about an active shooter, then WHILE police were searching, he placed ANOTHER call to 911 about an active shooter? i'm assuming this was all from his cell phone.

in most other cases, kids know to at least use voip. if they get caught, it's not going to be same day unless it's a "we all know little johnny did it" situation and they can strong arm a confession.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
but what about the next kid? i mean the odds are almost worth it; you might end up killing random kids you think you hate and you might get a measly sentence, certainly not the same if YOU did the shooting.

again, children don't have access to this in any other way. there's literally no way a child could find a group of people to legit storm a building with guns and possibly kill innocent people. there needs to be something done about THAT issue.

like this kid they arrested confessed, and if i'm reading the story correctly, an original call was placed about an active shooter, then WHILE police were searching, he placed ANOTHER call to 911 about an active shooter? i'm assuming this was all from his cell phone.

in most other cases, kids know to at least use voip. if they get caught, it's not going to be same day unless it's a "we all know little johnny did it" situation and they can strong arm a confession.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no, just more to my point that even in that thread there were plenty of users talking about i dunno "flash mobs" or whatever and claiming that livestreaming while interacting with police would immediately put the officer in danger. i said "yeah i dunno, i think the only people in danger in regards to police are innocents who get swatted while livestreaming".

this was met with the usual dismay, claiming that somehow i dunno a theoretical mob of people would show up *within minutes* to just i dunno pile on a random police officer was a more real threat than a child calling police with a bogus report because they know they will sent the swat team in full tilt and possibly kill someone.

then of course, i provided real articles about this exact thing happening, then the discussion kinda stopped. now it's being picked up again by me because well....i mean it was a very topical point that should have spurred more discussion because....well here it is. someone swatting their entire school.

there has to be something done about this. we can't just keep saying "well they found the kid so it's all good" no it's clearly exploiting a massive issue with our society. which is what i actually care about, the whole me thing is ironic because ya'll started it.
Agreed. As I said earlier, there needs to be serious consequences for this kind of behavior, or it will encourage others to do the same thing.

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Agreed. As I said earlier, there needs to be serious consequences for this kind of behavior, or it will encourage others to do the same thing.
there are consequences, and in the strictest of instances someone who swats someone could be charged with felony murder ii.

but most of these cases involve minors. because again, while a child may not quite fully understand the consequence, they still fully understand that if they dial this phone a bunch of people with guns will go wherever they say and possibly kill someone.

that's why they do it. not because they may or may not be caught and found guilty. they do it because they know it works.

Latest posts

Top Bottom