Favorite hot sauce on your eggs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OF THESE CHOICES, what is your favorite for eggs (especially on fried eggs)?

• Tabasco

• Louisiana

• Cholula

• Frank's Red hot

• One of the green sauces (please which brand specify below)

• Other (only vote this if you hate the other choices)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know there are also sorts of other good brands in the Mexican food isle and craft hot sauces. But I have gone back and fourth between these mainstream, choices so I wondered what others thought about it.

Right now Frank's is my preferred, but I do use Tabasco as well. I need to give one of the green sauces another try; probably Tabasco green.
LaCostena green salsa. I think it’s one the best greens salsas. Used to be called salsa verde before the Wuhan flu hit. Then they translated it for us Americans.

Plain hot sauce? Franks or Tabasco is good like you use. How about the other Tabasco flavors? You tried them? They are different and have less of a traditional Tabasco vinegar taste. They’re all pretty good. The chipotle one is really good.

I like Texas Pete, when I can find it. I’d say it’s right between Frank’s and Louisiana hot sauce. One of my upper kitchen cabinets is just full of different hot sauces, but I always fall back on one of these 3. Louisiana, Texas Pete, or Tabasco.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"He who controls the spice controls the universe." -Frank Herbert

327254439_547818647399577_2337251621372327756_n.jpg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lately it has been Frank’s Buffalo, but I normally use either Tabasco or Louisiana Brand. I’m not a fan of the flavor of jalapeños, so I tend to avoid sauces made with them.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I voted other. I absolutely love On the Border medium chunky salsa on mine.
Yeah I go back and fourth with full-on salsa vs just a "sauce". Right now I am on a sauce kick.
LaCostena green salsa. I think it’s one the best greens salsas. Used to be called salsa verde before the Wuhan flu hit. Then they translated it for us Americans.

Plain hot sauce? Franks or Tabasco is good like you use. How about the other Tabasco flavors? You tried them? They are different and have less of a traditional Tabasco vinegar taste. They’re all pretty good. The chipotle one is really good.

I like Texas Pete, when I can find it. I’d say it’s right between Frank’s and Louisiana hot sauce. One of my upper kitchen cabinets is just full of different hot sauces, but I always fall back on one of these 3. Louisiana, Texas Pete, or Tabasco.
I like Louisiana on fried chicken but of the sauces, it is one of the higher in sodium if you need to watch that. I need to try the chipolte Tabasco too.

Hatch Valley 505 Southwestern Medium Flame Roasted Green Chiles​

I buy that stuff when i can find it...love the stuff...REAL good on bean burritos with sour cream...I have been meaning to try their queso recipe on the jar.

As for eggs, love it on eggs but as mentioned, I struggle between a full-on salsa vs a sauce. Same on burritos...sometimes a mexican hot sauce paired with jalopenos does the trick and no salsa needed...especially with this stuff below!

1684355087795.png

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am still a Louisiana Hot Sauce kinda guy and use it a lot in cooking but this commercial compelled us to try the Yellowbird Sauces and we use the Jalapeno and Serrano sauces on lots of foods especially Southwest and Tex-Mex! We get them at Natural Grocer's here in town......

I have a coworker who’s a fan of the YellowBird habanero sauce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom