Favorite hot sauce on your eggs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OF THESE CHOICES, what is your favorite for eggs (especially on fried eggs)?

• Tabasco

• Louisiana

• Cholula

• Frank's Red hot

• One of the green sauces (please which brand specify below)

• Other (only vote this if you hate the other choices)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't use hot sauce my eggs or any of my breakfast....just a country breakfast please.
Same here........never have put hot sauce on my eggs.

Just eggs over easy......toast or hot biscuits.....bacon, sausage or ham.......little salt and pepper.

oebt.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know there are also sorts of other good brands in the Mexican food isle and craft hot sauces. But I have gone back and fourth between these mainstream, choices so I wondered what others thought about it.

Right now Frank's is my preferred, but I do use Tabasco as well. I need to give one of the green sauces another try; probably Tabasco green.
Tabasco on eggs, Franks with garlic powder and butter on wings, (original recipie) with the green tabasco on our stuffed green peppers or meatballs.
Each condiment has it's place.

I was disappointed in tabasco since the late 70's. It was watered down and not as hot. Nothing near the tiny bottles we got in or K-rations in the early 70's, or what I grew up with.
Three years ago, touring the factory, I questioned the lady in the gift shop where you can sample everything they make.
She said they indeed did change the recipe in the time frame I remember, but still offered a family reserve sauce that was the original recipe. $25 a bottle but sucked it up and bought three. Still working on bottle #1. Great stuff.
We dropped some change there on several of their different sauces.
She suggested we try the Raspberry Chipotle on vanilla ice cream. That was amazingly good!
Fire and Ice.
IMG_1566.jpeg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to frequent a bar that had a drink called the Mexican Sweat.

Three fingers of tequila and three shots of Tabasco. Damn, those were good! 22 of them were really good.
Reminded me of the drink that is a shot of tequila, half dozen shots of tequila, and a raw oyster in a cocktail glass. It was called on the rag. Real popular at Little Reds Levee bar South of Lafeyette Lousiana late at night as I remember faintly.......

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tabasco on eggs, Franks with garlic powder and butter on wings, (original recipie) with the green tabasco on our stuffed green peppers or meatballs.
Each condiment has it's place.

I was disappointed in tabasco since the late 70's. It was watered down and not as hot. Nothing near the tiny bottles we got in or K-rations in the early 70's, or what I grew up with.
Three years ago, touring the factory, I questioned the lady in the gift shop where you can sample everything they make.
She said they indeed did change the recipe in the time frame I remember, but still offered a family reserve sauce that was the original recipe. $25 a bottle but sucked it up and bought three. Still working on bottle #1. Great stuff.
We dropped some change there on several of their different sauces.
She suggested we try the Raspberry Chipotle on vanilla ice cream. That was amazingly good!
Fire and Ice.
View attachment 377882
Can you send me the wing recipe? Please? My mouth watered

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you ask for hot sauce at Chick-fil-a you get Texas Pete's Hot Sauce.
They have Tabasco at the Chick-fil-As in Texas (at least at the one in Denton). When my brother lived there, we'd occasionally eat at the Chick-fil-A, and mixing some Tabasco sauce into the ketchup was good eats with their waffle fries.

I have a couple of nieces who work at Chick-fil-A, so I guess I'll have to ask them what options they have up here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom