Firearm Appraisal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So what do folks use currently? Surf gunbroker, certain appraisal sites, etc? I had someone ask me about selling my 45-70 side by side a couple of weeks ago, and told them I'm honestly not even sure what it's worth. I'm sure nearly everything I own is worth more than when I bought it. Thanks. For example below......

https://truegunvalue.com/rifle/baikal/mp-221/price-historical-value-1005

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Henry Isreal at Oklahoma Tactical (owned Henry's Guns prior) does professional appraisals suitable for Insurance Companies. Turned guns I wanted to shoot into guns I was afraid to shoot because of the value. Sad part after getting a professional appraisal I had a tragic boating accident in which I lost those firearms, now I wish I shot them.

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When doing appraisals I will typically use gun broker as well as the most current edition (+/- 1-2years) of the gun value blue book. Different years of the blue book I've found have some varying/more in depth descriptions depending on the make and model. I've got a couple other collector edition books I use depending on the gun and its collectability. Then take all those numbers and condition percentages and get a nice average. Although open market price vs insurance replacement price usually does differ a bit.

Truegun value is also a helpful tool for current markets, but is not always the most accurate in comparison to current market value (think average gunshow price)

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like using the Blue Book also.
I have taken several to the JDavis Gun museum in Claremore. I didn’t just show up but called to ask for a good time to visit with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom