For the "bug out" folks, when do you bug out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like the title says, when do you bug out? Do you have a predetermined threshold of societal crap that is the point of no return? Play it by ear? Is there some sort of teotwawki warning system? How will you know when it's time?

@toehanus

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When the phones don't work, and computer won't boot up?

Or when I see an eerie glow in the sky, followed shortly by a large mushroom shaped cloud off in the very far distance?

Maybe when there's a public service announcement on tv that Obummer is now the queen and can not be dethroned?

On a more serious note, I've always wondered the same. How much is too much, or how far is too far to activate plans?

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
public service announcement on tv that Obummer is now the queen and can not be dethroned? martial law has been enacted.

or possibly, see the opening scene of 'Red Dawn', even 'Indepence Day', 'Signs', 'War of the Worlds', 'Fallen Skies'.

Rocko

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
When my neighborhood or Oklahoma City starts going downhill. I won't be bugging out if wall street takes a dump or New york is on fire. It will be based on the local situation.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

or possibly, see the opening scene of 'Red Dawn'.

I pity the country that tried that in any of the southern states.... everybody grab your shot guns! It's a free for all target practice! Bird hunters and skeet shooters would be our first line of defense! That would suck though to be invaded like that, especially with modern technology working against us.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I watch the Prepper shows on TV on occasion when bored.

They talk about storing food in trails, etc.

Where the fuk are you headed to? They never tell a destination.

You just leave your home and start walking to the food source, and then to the next one, and then what?

The food sources at different areas play out. Then what do you do.

If you don't know how to survive without anything other than a knife, your in trouble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom