Friend's rifle was butchered at local shop....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just talked to my buddy and it was American Armory and Tactical out of Norman. My buddy said that the guy handed it to him with the handguard installed on the barrel nut which should have been a clue since it wasn't attached to an upper.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
img.pandawhale.com_47778_colbert_popcorn_dis_gun_b_gud_fqXR.gif

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel for your buddy. I can not see any reason to cut and reweld the gas block like that. I have techs at work that would have done a better job with the flash hider. Thanks for letting us know.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is completely unacceptable. I can't believe they even accepted the work by the welder in the first place. Second, if they know the shop does bad work, why send another customer's rifle there? Third, they should have inspected it and clearly seen that it's not safe to shoot with that gas block.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just wondering was the flash hider threaded to the barrel also? If it was ,unless it needed to be welded to meet the 16" barrel length requirement, wouldn't threaded and pinned have been enough?

Latest posts

Top Bottom