Funny sighting at Bass Pro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Killing time at BPS in BA. Saw they had placed five full bricks of .22 on the shelf. A woman came over and scooped 'em up like a 300 pounder at the Cici's Pizza buffet.

I guess she didn't notice they were bird shot...

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't send your woman out to do your work!! I always get a chuckle when a woman calls and you can hear her hubby in the background telling her what to ask.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha!
Saw the same thing in Edmond Academy the other day.
A guy was grabbing all he could of this...snatched something like 10 or 12 boxes and ran off:

assets.academy.com_mgen_75_10278675.jpg_c8659f9029cd6ef2fa1939d191d53d8a.jpg

I walked up and asked the guy behind the gun counter if he had any .22 and he handed me 2 boxes of CCI std velocity.
Saw the guy later reading the boxes and putting them back with a disgruntled look on his face

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a LGS this summer when a woman came in and said she needed some 357 ammo for her husbands Glock. The clerk told her that Glocks didn't use 357, that Glocks only used 9mm, 40 and 45.

It was all I could do to keep a straight face and not bust out laughing. The clerk had never heard of 357 Sig.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a LGS this summer when a woman came in and said she needed some 357 ammo for her husbands Glock. The clerk told her that Glocks didn't use 357, that Glocks only used 9mm, 40 and 45.

It was all I could do to keep a straight face and not bust out laughing. The clerk had never heard of 357 Sig.
I'm to the point in life where I can't keep my mouth shut when I witness stupidity like this (and most other situations as well ;)). I don't understand how an owner/manager could keep from giving at least some basic lessons to their employees, especially if that woman didn't know any better and just walked on out the door, thus losing a sell.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't send your woman out to do your work!! I always get a chuckle when a woman calls and you can hear her hubby in the background telling her what to ask.

HAHA! I was at a small engine place once when the lady in front of me put a sheared flywheel key from a Briggs engine on the counter an told the guy she needed one just like this. He came back with the little blister pack of one for $3.

She looked long and hard at it and told the guy that they wouldn't work as hers was a two piece, and her husband told her to get one just like this. After a phone call home she bought it, and we had a great laugh when she walked out the door. Classic.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen a salesman stare at a 357 mag round in one hand and a Glock 31 mag in the other, trying to figure out how it's supposed to fit. On the other hand, I've done some doopid things, too. I'll tell you the story some day about an ammo promo we did years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom