Getting rid of blackberry bushes.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Use whatever the power companies spray. that stuff is a nonselective killer and got rid of a few acres of blackberries growing along a fence. That easy to get to patch was about 40 or 50 feet long and at least half as wide. they sprayed, it died and never came back.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That graizon stuff is so good, the manure from animals ingesting the plants spayed with it will keep your garden weed free.

Probably will not have much anything in your garden, buy, hey its weed free! 👍

I have stumbled across some articles where people got a load of manure for their garden, and now their garden dont grow. I am sure if you look, you can find them.

The one I read they contacted the farmer to find out they just started with the graizon. If I remember right, that particular farmer saw the light and said he was going to quit using it immediately!

Hard to believe how willingly people will pay big bucks to pollute themselves.

I know I always cringe when reading foodplotters talk, when most say to "burn it down" with roundup!

It is bad enough that the wildlife is getting polluted from the many farms that use that garbage, and the many feeders loaded up with products of such farms!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you for saving us all the time.
Simply show me a study where Grazon lays dormant in the soil for decades is all I asked. 2,4D can exist 2 weeks to up to 52 weeks given prime conditions. Picloram? One month to four years, or three years depending on what study you read. In both of those circumstances the chemicals aren't dormant, they're still active. That's why certain crops can't be planted after certain applications, they're still active in the soil. I can't plant alfalfa for a year after an Ally XP application on winter wheat for example. If they were dormant, what would trigger them and make them active again? I'm perfectly fine with folks who want zero chemical use with their food use or land use, just tell the truth about them when telling others how they work/don't work.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Simply show me a study where Grazon lays dormant in the soil for decades is all I asked. 2,4D can exist 2 weeks to up to 52 weeks given prime conditions. Picloram? One month to four years, or three years depending on what study you read. In both of those circumstances the chemicals aren't dormant, they're still active. That's why certain crops can't be planted after certain applications, they're still active in the soil. I can't plant alfalfa for a year after an Ally XP application on winter wheat for example. If they were dormant, what would trigger them and make them active again? I'm perfectly fine with folks who want zero chemical use with their food use or land use, just tell the truth about them when telling others how they work/don't work.

Wasting your time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom