Got a vague word of economist saying the U.S.will be economically doomed in 12 months

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So,after all the conversing have we come to a YES,NO or POSSIBLY 50/50 chance.
Can we please keep it to those answers please,I am doing a Extremely Important Scientific study here on individual personalities,mentions just answer the damn ?

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So,after all the conversing have we come to a YES,NO or POSSIBLY 50/50 chance.
Can we please keep it to those answers please,I am doing a Extremely Important Scientific study here on individual personalities,mentions just answer the damn ?

Economists are guessing in my opinion. The way I see it with a central government unwilling to curb it's spending and intent on regulating every aspect of our lives the house of cards is going to crash similarly to what happen in Atlas Shrugged. The US has passed it's zenith as a nation of freedom and is now headed towards becoming a totalitarian, state run economy.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the mention of the words "Extremely Important Scientific Study" I'm compelled to step in and lend my expertise.
If it's doomed now, it's gonna keep on being doomed, dumbass.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody hear something of that nature today,a who said it so I can hear the hooplaa that was the original post asking if anyone else had heard things of this nature,I like to hear other peoples opinions if they had heard reliable info,I'm sorry that I didn't make the Sarcasm in my last post more prevailant ,and why must you call me a DUMBASS when all I did was ask for other peoples opinions IF they had heard something of that nature last week and who said it.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps the Titanic is turning in time to miss the iceberg.

But something else Coburn said in the ABC interview is likely to prove far more important in the years ahead. Pressed by Karl on "what will be different come January," Coburn responded, saying:

"Well, the difference is we're going to have to work together and there's 41 fiscal conservatives now in the Senate, and so us solving our financial problems is going to be paramount. Everything else that passes is going to be judged in light of that. And they know it and that's what's going to happen.

"There aren't going to be any big spending bills, we don't have any money left to spend, there is going to be no more big spending bills, period. And we're going to have to knuckle down and I'll have to give and other people are going to have to give. But we gotta keep our focus on what is important and that's the future of our country."

In other words, with a $14 trillion national debt and a $1.4 trillion annual deficit, the country has reached the end of its fiscal rope. Government spending must be cut. The era of big-spending bills is over.

Nothing more vividly demonstrates this fact than Reid's recognition that there was no way his $1.2 trillion omnibus spending bill, larded as it was with more than 6,600 earmarks, could gain passage.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2010/12/coburn-there-will-be-no-more-big-spending-bills#ixzz18txqVbnj

I hope so.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just remember, it's a lot easier to pay off trillions in debt if gas costs $8 a gallon and milk is the same. How many $5 loaves of bread does it take to make a trillion??? :uhh:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody hear something of that nature today,a who said it so I can hear the hooplaa that was the original post asking if anyone else had heard things of this nature,I like to hear other peoples opinions if they had heard reliable info,I'm sorry that I didn't make the Sarcasm in my last post more prevailant ,and why must you call me a DUMBASS when all I did was ask for other peoples opinions IF they had heard something of that nature last week and who said it.

Sorry, I thought you were kidding around in the previous post (Post41)

Latest posts

Top Bottom