Grill ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone who has one is going to say Traeger. I don't have one so I cannot advise you. Confused yet?
Last I knew Treager moved to China and the end result was junk.
I recently retired a Treager I bought back in about 05 and purchased a Green Mountain Pellet Grill for a little less than the price of a China made Treager and GM is made in the USA.
I will say that I absolutely have nothing bad to say about it and wish I had upgraded long ago.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Grill? What grill! We don't need no stinken' grill!

Where is your sense of tradition? Where is your sense of adventure? Why not partake in the best nature has to offer? All the fuel you need is out there and it's free!

pexels-photo-1059042.jpeg

Woody

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Genesis Silver that I bought second hand about 12 years ago. The previous owner said it was about 2 years old. He had a new house and just built an outdoor kitchen. The one he installed wasn’t near the quality. I’ve replaced the starter and added a set of aftermarket “GrillGrates. The cover I bought for it is starting to show its age, but the grill still looks and performs great. I’ve only used it a few times since getting the Big Green Egg a year ago though.

I also have a natural gas Weber Silver that's about 16 years old. I've replaced the 'tents' and the grate about 6 years ago. The tents are ready for another replacement. It's been a great grill and is used 2 to 3 times a week year round. Would get another in a heartbeat, but I don't need to.

Good luck in your search!

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last I knew Treager moved to China and the end result was junk.
I recently retired a Treager I bought back in about 05 and purchased a Green Mountain Pellet Grill for a little less than the price of a China made Treager and GM is made in the USA.
I will say that I absolutely have nothing bad to say about it and wish I had upgraded long ago.

Exactly as mine was one of the China built I sent back

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Weber that is several years old, I replaced all the burners, flavor bars, and grates a couple of years ago. The grates were aftermarket and already need to be replaced again, everything else is in ok shape. I was planning to replace the whole thing this year, would I be better off just replacing the grates? The shell is solid, just looks kind of worn...

New Weber grills are more expensive than I thought, I think I paid $400 for this one, but didn't see any at Lowes for less than $650 or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom