Have You Noticed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
TV folks no longer pronounce the “T” in words. Important is now imporant, I just heard one reporting on the Russian events and it was president puin. And some in their reports of the mini-sub failure were calling it “Tian”

Is there a shortage of T’s?

Ok I just thought maybe COVID had caused all these people to have a lisp and I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelers by pointing out their disability ... But yeah!! And I'm like "THERE IS A T IN THAT WORD!! TALK TO A SPEECH PATHOLOGIST, PLEASE!! THEY CAN GIVE YOU YOUR LIFE BACK!!"

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm older than dirt, and hard of hearing, but I can't undestand anything some people say now days! I have to ask them to slow down, or if they have anyone there that speaks English, and that usually pisses them off, and I sure can't get anything done after that! That OK I still enjoy a little argument occasionally!!
Yeah, they all sound like drag racer John Force after a win. Slow down dude, I don't listen that fast.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many words and names are mispronounced on radio and TV these days. I blame most of it on AI's inability to read.

Woody

I'd say that a lot of mispronounced names are a result of numerous causes. Names based on languages and Indian words. Like Oklahoma, Rhode Island has a number of "interesting" names that I won't even try to pronounce.

Woosocket

Woonasquatucket

Pawtucket

Just to name a few, and many others are even worse than those three.

Getintouch98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In general pronunciation and diction has gone to hell. Part of it is culture, the changing of language to fit the current trend. However, I think the trend is going the wrong way. Pretty soon we will not be much different than the Brits around London. Speaking some unintelligible bastardized version of English.

Latest posts

Top Bottom