Here is your stupid question of the day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwdrlove

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a US citizen, resident of Oklahoma, over 21, not a felon, and only slightly paranoid, but I do not like paper trails. I know Oklahoma does background checks for handguns, do they do them for rifles? Specifically AR's?

Thanks, in advance...

Flyboy

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You go through a Federal background check for any firearm bought through an FFL. There is no check of any kind for private transfers. Oklahoma doesn't do any special check on its own.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All firearms sales and transfers performed by a federally licensed dealer, regardless of type, require a NICS instant check before the sale/transfer can proceed. There are no checks required for private sales, but the seller is responsible for ensuring the buyer is a resident of the state. There is no local, state or federal registration of firearms (other than NFA items), in the State of Oklahoma.

Does that answer your question?

ShooterMcGee

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
All firearms sales and transfers performed by a federally licensed dealer, regardless of type, require a NICS instant check before the sale/transfer can proceed. There are no checks required for private sales, but the seller is responsible for ensuring the buyer is a resident of the state. There is no local, state or federal registration of firearms (other than NFA items), in the State of Oklahoma.

Does that answer your question?

So when you buy one, they do not register it with the FBI?

racing1g

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought that whenever an ffl holder was going out of business that they had to hand over all their NICS forms to the BATFE? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom