Home Defense

• Thread starter PistolPackin'Honey
  • Start Date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PistolPackin'Honey

With all the home invasions in the news recently, having a pistol near my bed is important to me. One of my biggest fears is something of that sort happening in the middle of the night and I wouldn't be prepared.

What are the different ways you keep you firearm handy, when you lay down at night?
I need ideas.

Oh.... PS: We don't have any kids. So I have no problem with keeping a loaded unlocked gun in the house.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be over simplified, but if I didn't have little ones to worry about...my pistol would be laying on top of the night stand, right next to a flashlight and a cell phone.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 3 year old and when I go to bed the safety gate goes up to where she can not go over or under and through is even out. With that said I have my SW9VE loaded laying holstered and laying next to me on the bed ( wife sleeps in the living room with my daughter until we can get a bigger place ) and my EDC is in it's holstered on my shorts ready just in case and of course also loaded.

P

PistolPackin'Honey

I was thinking about something like the Rack Em anywhere pistol mount. I could mount it to the side of the night stand. The bed I sleep on doesn't have a frame.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like these type of safes when there are kids in the house.

www_gunsafes_com_store_i_is_aspx_30af7e1f3857aeb778e3a4f806254673._.jpg

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mattress Holster I picked up at a gun show a couple years ago. Holds gun, flashlight, and sometimes the tv remote.

Google search didn't show the one I have that has adjustable velcro straps but did show a variety of brands and styles.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any kids to worry about so I use a Holster Mate bed side mount. It is a 18" long metal plate that slides between your mattress & box springs and secures in place with supplied velcro pads... that you attach your belt slide holster too. When I go to bed, my Glock 23 w/ CT laser goes in the holster and is always within a short arms length.

When you make your bed, the gun will conceal easily under the bedspread if you want to leave a pistol holstered there all the time.

I got mine at Uncle Sam's in Lawton for $20.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/2PSHM3536-1.html

View attachment 20119

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom