Home Defense

• Thread starter PistolPackin'Honey
  • Start Date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My concern with laying a loaded pistol next to a flashlight and cell phone on top of the nightstand would be if an intruder got in the house before I or the Misses awoke and saw them lying there before I got to them,

If they can defeat layers of locks, doors, alarms, then creep into my room and grab sh$t off my night stand...all without waking me or my wife then, well, I'm being attacked by ninjas and I'm screwed anyway. LOL.

A gun by the bed is only one aspect of home security.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is it, more people are killed every year with .22lr than anything else? Why are you still fiddling with a shotgun? You're free to choose the ammo you wish to carry in the gun you wish to carry. You're even free to quote anecdotal evidence that supports that decision. I don't care what you carry. I just know that if I was doing something unwise for unwise reasons I'd be happy for someone that knew better than me to give me a heads up. I definitely wouldn't accuse them of being insulting.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has the potential for an epic thread!!

Are you a new operator to this theatre? "Unwilling to disclose past training?" Seriously?

No one was jabbing at you, just asking simple questions, but you are turning this into a seriously epic thread!!

:D 13 year old boys sticking knives in your kidneys, pregnant 16 year old girls. :D

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because someone has 14,000+ posts to their credit doesn't make them in anyway more knowledgeable about the things they write about than someone else... only that they have a heck of a lot of opinions they want everyone to know about.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was asking a queston about the load she was using.. not making a statement... hence the ? mark.

It is plain to see that there are a few long time posters on the forum that like to play the school yard bullies.

And, ... there is a federal training center that does that kind of training with real actors... in many diverse scenerios... it teaches officers & soldiers not to get tunnel vision when they roll up on a scene.... even the U.N. peace keepers / troops get some of this training.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New to this theater myself, and I think that a high-speed-low-drag paint ball gun is just the ticket!

B

Bill Mac

Amen to that SMS! Some crooks intent on quietly gaining access to your house when you have a two story and sleep in the second story and being a sound sleeper was my thought process there. Too much TV I guess! Anyone intent on protecting themselves from mindless thugs and evil hordes will as you suggest have multiple layers of defenses. Ours starts with two dogs.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It is plain to see that there are a few long time posters on the forum that like to play the school yard bullies.

I have noticed this too.

Some of them even have a business, or services offered here, wanting forum members for their customers, and they still don't know how to be civil, and respectful of others.

I think it is the "I'm kind of a big deal on the internet" syndrome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom