Homeowners Association problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOAs seem to bring out the "nit pick" in what would otherwise be normal friendly neighbors. For instance, if there wasn't a RULE against it, nobody would even notice the clothesline in the Smith's back yard. That's my take on it anyway.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOAs seem to bring out the "nit pick" in what would otherwise be normal friendly neighbors. For instance, if there wasn't a RULE against it, nobody would even notice the clothesline in the Smith's back yard. That's my take on it anyway.

We live in a college town our HOA works to make sure that people don't rent to rowdy college kids or people who wont maintain their lawns. It only costs us $50 a year and has never told me to do anything.

Homeowners associates aren't bad, it is people in charge of some that are the problem.

IronMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go pay the $50 and then tell them where they can deposit it. Nothing they can do then but watch you walk out the door. Of course then you will be singled out for every thing they can think of to pile on you.
I hate HOA's and will never live where one is in effect. I moved out of my last home because the "good folks" in the neighborhood formed an HOA and told me I had to join. I didnt.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like a home mortgage, just like a utility bill, just like a credit card bill. You knew there was a late fee for paying late. Why are you trying to side-step the contract that you signed? Pay the late fee, or, pay on time and you won't be charged.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just like a home mortgage, just like a utility bill, just like a credit card bill. You knew there was a late fee for paying late. Why are you trying to side-step the contract that you signed? Pay the late fee, or, pay on time and you won't be charged.

obviously you didn't read the thread...please read the thread before posting.. read post 27

to summarize, they dropped the fee.... and for everyone ripping me, my wife was out of work for the first time in 10 years, so we had alot going on... (she does have a job now..)

and it threads like these that make me realize that i should be spending less time here and more time on boomershooter.com

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I broke my leg years ago and was out of work for 3 months... first thing I did was call my mortgage, utilities, and ford credit... it helped and I didn't whine about it... sure it added interest on the mortgage and car loan, but it kept my credit safe..

whenever I had overdraft fees, you know the ones that, not one transaction, but 5 happen on one day the db card reports.. I call the bank and usually the manager will take care 2 or 3.. you're lucky they dropped it..

CC companies are more forgiving because they already raped you and any money you pay back is commended

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
obviously you didn't read the thread...please read the thread before posting.. read post 27

to summarize, they dropped the fee.... and for everyone ripping me, my wife was out of work for the first time in 10 years, so we had alot going on... (she does have a job now..)

and it threads like these that make me realize that i should be spending less time here and more time on boomershooter.com

So, you think it is OK to violate the terms and conditions of a contract? You were late to pay! You owe the money. Yeah, your credit card company might waive the fee..but, they are not obligated to do so. Neither is your HOA. If you can't pay your bills and abide by the contract, expect to pay a late fee. If you don't like the terms and conditions of the contract, then don't promise to abide by them. When I make a promise or sign a contract, I follow thru on my obligations. Why do you think you deserve leniency? When leniency is granted to you, it is distributed to those that pay on time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom