Honda Goldwing repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep that engine is a gonner this is a walk away senario. If the luggage and fairings are in good shape you may be able to recoup some money through craigslist/Facebook/eBay. Also that engine probably had 100 or 200 thousand more miles than what he was quoted. Since the odoms rolled over to 0 at 99,999.9 miles
OK, that may be true since the previous owner said he crossed the US several times on it. Oh well, nothing can be done now except cry and help my son shop for another bike.

OkdRooster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda lateto the party here but heres my 2 cents take on this.

Wing Enterprises on S Meridian used to work on older wings, dont know if they are still around.Know they did carb work and maintenance but doubt they got any deeper than that.

Doubt any one can or will rebuild your engine in any economical way.
Finding a good salvage engine is an iffy deal at best unless you can hear it run and they guarantee the engine.
Even if found labor cost is going to excede the bikes value real fast.

The reason shops dont work that old stuff is parts availability, and liability as those vintage bikes parts are old and brittle and any repair attempts usually go to **** in a hurry as things crumble and break during the workprocess.

My recommendation is part it out and move on.

I have had Wings since 81 and still have 2 1800,s if one my engine cratered I would find a low mile salvage engine but mine are a lot newer and I am capable of the swap myself.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda lateto the party here but heres my 2 cents take on this.

Wing Enterprises on S Meridian used to work on older wings, dont know if they are still around.Know they did carb work and maintenance but doubt they got any deeper than that.

Doubt any one can or will rebuild your engine in any economical way.
Finding a good salvage engine is an iffy deal at best unless you can hear it run and they guarantee the engine.
Even if found labor cost is going to excede the bikes value real fast.

The reason shops dont work that old stuff is parts availability, and liability as those vintage bikes parts are old and brittle and any repair attempts usually go to **** in a hurry as things crumble and break during the workprocess.

My recommendation is part it out and move on.

I have had Wings since 81 and still have 2 1800,s if one my engine cratered I would find a low mile salvage engine but mine are a lot newer and I am capable of the swap myself.

I had to replace the alternator stator in mine. Did it myself, but it was a lot more involved that what I originally planned. The engine had to be removed to get to the part. On many of the older inline 4's, you only had to remove 3 or 4 screws to access the stator.

Latest posts

Top Bottom