Honda Goldwing repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a place in OKC area to take a Honda Goldwing in to get fixed.

My son bought a 1980 GL1100 about a month ago right after getting his motorcycle endorsement. 60 or 70 thousand miles on it but it ran well enough. On monday while riding it died on him and dumped the oil and something else on the pavement. He said there's a hole in the side of the engine (he's getting me some pictures later, I'll post them here).

He's called a few places and they said they don't do Goldwings. Not sure what that's all about, I know the Harley and other American made shops don't do import bikes but he didn't call any of them.

Is there a shop or anybody in OKC that will work on an older Goldwing? Thanks.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On a Goldwing that old, that sounds like a fatal failure....it'll cost more to fix than the bike is worth. There used to be a shop on S. Meridian that repaired Goldwings, I just couldn't find a listing on the net.

I bought a '78 Goldwing in '84. It had 6750 miles on it. When I sold it 4 years later, it had over 100,000 miles on it. Great bikes!

Best of luck in your search!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Eric, you might think about joining a goldwing forums on the net or a farcebook group. Lots of good links and info on most of them. I have put a fair amount of miles on a GW. The last one was an 87 that I rode to the BMW national rally in Durango. Wasn’t long after that I hung up my helmet.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eric, you might think about joining a goldwing forums on the net or a farcebook group. Lots of good links and info on most of them. I have put a fair amount of miles on a GW. The last one was an 87 that I rode to the BMW national rally in Durango. Wasn’t long after that I hung up my helmet.
I may have found someone. Two different sources have recommended the same guy who specializes in older Goldwings, trying to get in touch with him.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are the pictures he sent me.
It may be costly to fix, we'll see.

Attachments

• 20211231_123312.jpg
    20211231_123312.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 20211231_123254.jpg
    20211231_123254.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 72

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do like I did many years back, after I had a wreck with my 78 Goldwing (hit a deer), i came up with a parts bike just like it & swapped the necessary parts. I guess the hhard part would be finding a "parts bike"
About 14 years ago, I knew of a 77 Goldwing at a bike repair shop in Alva OK. It had been sitting for some years & would have been a great parts bike.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Threw a rod blew out the case. same motor as the old little honda cars. unfortunate love those old gold wings . if you get another they switched from points to electronic ignition in 1980 i think

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do like I did many years back, after I had a wreck with my 78 Goldwing (hit a deer), i came up with a parts bike just like it & swapped the necessary parts. I guess the hhard part would be finding a "parts bike"
About 14 years ago, I knew of a 77 Goldwing at a bike repair shop in Alva OK. It had been sitting for some years &

About 14 years ago, I knew of a 77 Goldwing at a bike repair shop in Alva OK. It had been sitting for some years & would have been a great parts bike.
Alva you say.......funny because I'm working there this week. maybe I'll look for the place and see if that bike is still there. that would be interesting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom