How do you pay for your addiction?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not all of us have endless amounts of cash around, so what are some of the sacrifices for your hobby?
I'll start with a few of mine!
I drive a ugly old 90 Honda Accord, i eat peanut butter and jelly about 4 times a week for lunch, i wear clothes till they fall apart, i don't buy anything out of the vending machines at work, I drink water(no soda), i fixed my wifes $200 hair dryer, i fixed the switch in the lamp, I don't buy cable or satelite tv!

So what are some things you do without?

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I dont believe in buying stupid lil bitty nick nacks that fall apart and my poor ole lady has no choice but to do the same.

Instead of buying 15 "made in china" things here and there on impulse I rather buy 1 thing that will retain at least some value 3 or 4 yrs from now.

I dont buy often, but when i do I buy guns. (in my "most interesting man in the world voice")

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've never drank beer. I could never drink anything that smells and looks like horse piss.
I guess that comes from being around horses too much.
I don't smoke cancer sticks or do any tobacco.
My wife doesn't allow ramen noodles in the house.

I talking about firearms in general.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually sell a firearm when buying another. Keeps me honest that way.

Also, I do without a personal cell phone. I have one for work. Outside of work, I don't need it (so it VERY rarely gets used after 4 o'clock). I have a home phone that is very cheap, and my wife has a cell we use if we are out and about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom