How do you prepare for a flood?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We have a vital records binder. It's giant and red and waterproof it's the first thing we grab when weather goes south. Pictures are all scanned and online. Dogs have their own "go bag" food, vet records, spare collar and leash. I know it sound stupid, but if one of our dogs bites someone (they will be stressed too), we need to be able to prove quickly that they're up to date on their shots. . . something people dont usually think about.

Everything else can be replaced. Except the fish. they're on their own.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:lookaroun That guy looks an awful lot like Hump66 ... :shocked:

Where are your scivvies, boy??!?!?!!? :rollingla

It was mankini monday(I'll let your minds wander from there). I did have a floaty like that when I was stationed in Pensacola, wore it around at the beach. Ah, good times...

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better yet, live on high ground and not near a creek or river.
i1198.photobucket.com_albums_aa458_marionscott3_right_on_the_nose.gif

Bingo! Winner winner chicken dinner.

Causality

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gee...where would I start? Been thru the 07 flood here in Miami. Guess for starters...have THIS saved to favorites so you can go look and see for yourself just what "they" think the river is going to do. I think this is the same resource that Emergency Management uses.

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=tsa&gage=como2

This site reports on the Neosho river near Commerce. I have watched this with great anxiety many times when heavy rains come to visit Kansas. There is one of these for just about every river. This will help you with the decision of whether to run or stay. Keep in mind that the looters are attracted to these disasters like predators to a dying rabbit call. I can still remember the air boats the Okla. HP used at night. They would sit and listen for the looters. There is more I could add....oh yeah...almost forgot....get ready to take it in the shorts on your property value after the flood. Flood map was redrawn after the 07 event. I will not comment how I fared as my remarks may be too colorful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom