How many life long Okies here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would love to see that list... :shocked:
___
Not in any particular order: AK, KS, SD, MT, WY or NE. If I had to move to a larger city, it would be KCK and nowhere else.

I travel to Dallas quite a bit for work and personal travel through it and I am so thankful every time I go that I do not live there. I am sure it is a great city for others but TOO many people for me.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in any particular order: AK, KS, SD, MT, WY or NE. If I had to move to a larger city, it would be KCK and nowhere else.

I travel to Dallas quite a bit for work and personal travel through it and I am so thankful every time I go that I do not live there. I am sure it is a great city for others but TOO many people for me.

Don't leave Utah or Idaho out of the mix. While Washington state and Oregon tend to be blue, it isn't because of the people in eastern parts of the two states.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great grandparents and grandparents (on both Mom and Dad's sides of the family) all moved to Duncan from Minnesota in 1905 [they were all residents at statehood]. Dad was born there in 1928. Mom was born there in 1932 (married Dad in 1949). I was born in 1950, and both my daughters were born in OKC - 1975 and 1981. 2 grandsons born in Tulsa and 3 granddaughters born in OKC.

Yeah, I think we pass the qualifying exam as "Okies." :thumbup3:

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm originally from The Arkansas Ozarks, but have lived neat Tulsa the last 55 years, and have Oklahoma ties going way back. My parental grand father ran away from home over a beating received from his father, and made his way from the Russellville Arkansas area, to Granite Oklahoma, to live with his married sister, when he was just a kid, 12, or 13 I think. He walked most of the way, when he couldn't catch a ride, and said he spent most nights in grave yards, so no one would bother him! Pretty smart kid? My paternal grandmother, his wife, made a trip when she was a small child, from the same area in Arkansas, to Oolgah, Oklahoma, in a wagon to visit relitiuves. She liked to talk about this trip, and said it took about two weeks each way. this grand father died in 1933, but my grand mother lived to be almost 100, and could tell some really great stories. She could remember many, many, old people that were alive during the Civil War. She said every time ether side would come through the area, they would steal all the food and live stock they could find,but kidnap any teen age boys, and force them into the army! I guess they spent a lot of time hiding kids, food, and live stock, from these thieves!

Latest posts

Top Bottom