How the leftwing lib media reports the Blanchard home invasion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are two articles that show how the left lib media turns a progun story into antigun lib rhetoric and agenda tirades.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gr...ll-guns-hurray-teen-mom-who-shot-home-invader
Both-Ways Bill Press: Ban All Guns, But Hurray for Teen Mom Who Shot Home Invader?
By Tim Graham | January 06, 2012 | 17:27

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...their-purpose/2012/01/06/gIQAFbfTfP_blog.html
Posted at 03:43 PM ET, 01/06/2012
Sarah Palin: “I’m all in favor of girls with guns who know their purpose.”
By Suzi Parker

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Suzi Parker is an Arkansas-based political and cultural journalist and author of “Sex in the South: Unbuckling the Bible Belt.”"

The above description was at the end of the story regarding Palin's remarks. As a Christian, conservative, I'd say that this little twit shouldn't be allowed to have a pencil to write stories about which she knows nothing. Parker is concerned that while Sarah McKinley was cool-headed, not all teenagers are as well. Thus, those teenagers shouldn't ever be allowed to have a gun. Never mind that Parker has probably never had a break-in at her home, she would deny all others the opportunity of self defense.

Now, if Suzi Parker is like many other liberal journalists and politicians, I wonder if she has a firearm in her home? After all, she probably considers herself as knowledgeable and responsible.

Those folks make me SO GLAD that I dropped out of college.....you see, I was majoring in Journalism at the time. If I had become a journalist and began to have liberal thoughts, I'd have to shoot myself.

Terry

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After all, she killed the intruder with a 12-gauge shotgun....Good choice
It may be just too much ..Logic...but why arent ..all.. say middle schoolers taught these things...
.Home Ec...Cookin,Cleanin..Calibres...makes sence to me

O

OkieGentleman

It sure seems the Daily Oklahoma was doing a pity party about what a nice guy that knucklehead was. Just one line about him having a 12 inch knife in his hand when he died, but a half a page about what a nice guy everyone that knew him thought he was before he met such a terrible end.

B

BoSox110

As an oil field worker who spends months away from home at a time I really hope that if my wife was at home and someone was breaking in she would do the same thing the young mother did. I am also embarrased to say that the author of at least the second article falls into my generation and I feel she represents the thinking of the majority of my peers, so i work in the oil patch drive a diesel truck and exercise my right to own firearms in an effort to offset the balance.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
"McKinley, a single mom whose husband had died only a week earlier with lung cancer, had two guns in her hands. The intruder had a 12-inch hunting knife. McKinley won’t face charges for killing Martin. "

Almost makes it sound as if the author thinks she was overmatching him and he should be pitied for being killed.

What effing tools we have in this country... I'm sure he was just hacking his way through her doors for 20 minutes with a Rambo-knife in hand to ask to borrow a cup of sugar.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had never heard of this Bill Press clown so I checked him out. Used to work at MSNBC. Shocker.

Typical head-in-the-sand clueless libtard who wants to run everyone's life. This story (McKinley stopping the attacker) was broadcast all over the world. I wonder if it is causing countries like England to second guess their gun control actions.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not gonna bother reading it. Up theirs.

I've been discussing this incident with everyone I can.
My British coworker stumbled across it on Yahoo and said "Britain needs more gun stories like this. This is perfectly reasonable."
We got to talk about the Oklahoma SYG Act and he talked a little bit about Britain's "Life over property" style laws.

So too bad for them

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It sure seems the Daily Oklahoma was doing a pity party about what a nice guy that knucklehead was. Just one line about him having a 12 inch knife in his hand when he died, but a half a page about what a nice guy everyone that knew him thought he was before he met such a terrible end.

I have to admit that I was guilty of this. It's kind of embarrassing, at least I embarrassed myself only on the interwebs this time. I met the kid one time this past summer helping my dad build fence on my dad's land out in the Bridge Creek/Blanchard area. He just put off the good ole country boy/good kid vibe. Asked me to go fishing with him sometime. I've lived in the Tulsa area since March, and I was just down helping dad with the fence on the weekend so the fishing was never gonna happen obviously. I know my dad tried to invest some time in him and invited him to their church, and to my understanding he had stopped going a few months back. I'm not trying to do a pity party on this kid. I don't know if he was already into bad stuff at the time I had met him, or if he slowly started going down hill afterwards. I don't feel that the young mother did anything wrong in defending her household no matter her strange family circumstances. I'd do the same, and hope my wife would do the same if someone was breaking into our home.

I've always thought that I am a pretty good judge of character. Guess not all the time. It's just crazy how normal a criminal can appear to the outside world when he wants to. Almost makes me feel like a bad person just cause he had me fooled.

Just keep your eyes open and be aware of everyone, because even the crazies can appear normal sometimes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom